Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Not working & no way to troubleshoot?

I just purchased it and have the exact same issue. No idea how to operate it and it lists all my devices but cant drag anything across, or use any of my peripherals. What the hell ?

I have the same problem. I installed on Linux, Windows, Mac. None of them works. I purchased when it is still beta version. It did not work but I thought maybe because it is still in test. Now the final version comes. Still not working at all. So disappointed. 

I e-mailed support and got a pretty swift response, and was able to send them the logs via this set of steps:

1. Right-click on the blue background
  2. Select "Send log" from the menu
  3. Click on the "View log" link
  4. The log will show in your browser
  5. Copy the log link from your browser
  6. Paste the log link into your reply
  7. Let me know which computer the log is for
  8. Repeat for all of your computers

So, hopefully they can resolve this soon.

Also a long time user who has just updated to 2.0.1, and then reloaded 1.8 as 2.01 completely useless.

I'm sure it's very useful for Symless to have me update my logs to troubleshoot, but tbh I expected more of an ability to troubleshoot the issue myself from the front end.

I don't think I'll be back in a hurry to Synergy 2, not at all user-friendly or a stable platform!

dstutzman_nt

I can't say I'm happy with 2.0 in its current state either. Sometimes it'll just disconnect and there's no way for me to get it working again until I reboot. There are probably background services I can kill and restart to get it working again, but why should I have to do that? Is a background service really more useful to the user than what we had before? It sounds like 2.1 is going to "fix" some of these problems with its more robust feature set and options, but why release 2.0 now? This really feels like a beta, not a finished software product ready for primetime.

dstutzman_nt

So, one thing I've tried which seems to have yielded some success for me, at least on Windows 10 Pro (sharing to a Mac running 10.3.1):

1. Press Windows key+R to open the Run dialog box (or open Start menu and type "Run" to access it)
  2. Type "services.msc" (without quotes) and hit OK
  3. Find "Synergy" in the list of services
  4. Right click it and select "Start" (or "Restart") if it's already started

That gets it working for me again. This is assuming you've already set everything up on both computers and it's worked at least once before... YMMV if you've been at least able to authenticate the application on both machines, but they can't "see" each other...

EDIT: You may need to do these steps on both computers, if they're both Windows machines.

Edited by dstutzman_nt

2.0.1-stable here. Fedora Linux on one side, macos on the other. Nothing works and I have no idea what is going on.

Are they trying to reach each other through the local area network?

Did the macos client figure out what to do when I disconnected wifi and plugged into ethernet?

Why are there two macos clients showing up on both screens?

How am I supposed to turn this off when I'm on the road?

What am I even looking at? What am I supposed to see? What can I do?

This feels like an alpha release. I wasn't expecting that.

Same here. 1.8 worked - V2,0.1 doesn't -

No informaiton in the application, no documentation, no clues as to how you are supposed to use it.

Log files just say "no route".

This is frankly appalling.

Also I'm not going to back and install v1 and then try and re-install v2 when they finally get around to contacting me.

So unless they resolve this quickly I am done with Symless.

The_Vulpecula

Running Arch Linux on one computer, Windows 10 on the other. synergy-2.0.1 on both, PRO. 

For now, both computers are showing the Synergy screens, with both Computer showing side by side. Moving mouse to any edges from any computer does nothing. 

Any suggestions while I wait for support?

Sent the logs to support and waiting for an answer on their side. 

It's working now.

I previously had v1.8 installed and working on both machines - both Windows 10 - patched to Fall Creators Update

Uninstalling 1.8 and then installing 2.0.1 didn't work

So then I completely purged all traces of Symless and Synergy from both machines.

i.e. ran the "Uninstaller",

rebooted

then purged all directories relating to Symless or Synergy from under \ProgramFiles, \ProgramData, and %USER%\AppData\Local,

then purged all registry entries related to Symless and Synergy from under "Registry\CURRENT_USER\..."

rebooted again

installed v2.0.1 again on both machines

and it worked....

and I've no idea why this worked

The_Vulpecula

Unfortunately, this is a fresh install on both systems (windows 10 and arch). 

Sometimes, I have the window computer name go green on the window synergy window but that's it... Still no dragging the mouse over. 

I also got it working after an uninstall, full file system and registry purge of everything Symless or Synergy related and then reinstall.

Before getting it working I went through the support process of sending in logs and they quickly told me it was a known server side bug and would be a few months before it was fixed (with version 2.1) and there was no point trying to get it working until then! Makes me think they didn't bother looking at the logs.

Edited by teague808

It is pretty sad to read this. I was really happy to have finally purchased Synergy last tuesday, but I could not get it to work, even after some back-and-forth with support so far. Support reply times arent that bad, but none of the suggestions so far have worked for me, so I figured the forums might help out. Seems like that will not be the case, either. Just here to echo some of the dissapointment now ._. Hope things will be fixed soon, not a great start so far...

The_Vulpecula
46 minutes ago, DeniseFee said:

It is pretty sad to read this. I was really happy to have finally purchased Synergy last tuesday, but I could not get it to work, even after some back-and-forth with support so far. Support reply times arent that bad, but none of the suggestions so far have worked for me, so I figured the forums might help out. Seems like that will not be the case, either. Just here to echo some of the dissapointment now ._. Hope things will be fixed soon, not a great start so far...

Hey DeniseFee, 

What are the issues? What is your setup? As I posted earlier, it's working for me. 

53 minutes ago, The_Vulpecula said:

Hey DeniseFee, 

What are the issues? What is your setup? As I posted earlier, it's working for me. 

Hey The_Vulpecula, thanks for your response! I've seen your comment, but couldn't really identify if it might be apliccable in my situation.

I'm currently trying to get Synergy to work on a w10 and a W7 machine. I can start up Synergy on both of the computers, but there's no sharing going on. I've tried rebooting, restarting manually via services.msc and any combination of selecting "Share from" on both computers. I also don't understand what the interface should be showing (what does a green icon mean, what does a grey icon mean, etc) which doesn't help with trying to fix it ^^" Support has told me it seems both machines are trying to share at the same time, based on the logs.

The_Vulpecula

I use it only on Windows on one computer and Linux on the other. 

From the top of my head, I would try the following: 

• Close Synergy Application (the desktop application where the computer appears) on both computer.
  • Restart service on both computers
  • Start synergy application on both computers and make sure they are showing the "computers"
At that point, my understanding is that you use "Share from" from the computer you are using at the "main" station.

On my setup, the mouse crosses across all my desktop when my "main" computer synergy window show BOTH computer as green. On my "slave" computer, the "main" computer stays grey, but the "slave" computer show as green. 

Hope that helps.