Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

After upgrading to 2.0.1, server system locks up

I think I sort of jumped the gun on purchasing 2.0 Pro based on my wonderful experience with 1.8 specifically and Synergy in general.

Since upgrading I am experiencing intermittent lockups on the server system.  Video on server system is not updating, and the server keyboard and mouse input are not recognized on either system.  The client system is working fine with its own keyboard and mouse.  In a couple of instances it came back after 30 seconds or a minute, in another it never came back and I had to hard power the system down.  Additionally seems fiddly with the systems seeing each other but not actually connecting and allowing sharing.  Green progress line moving across one or the other of the boxes, and no way to see what's up short of digging through logs.

Also, how to configure settings like switch delay, "dead" corners etc.?

Both systems are running Windows 8.1 Professional.  Running Chrome, Firefox, iTunes, couple other things.

Log: RMR-HOME (server): https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-11-20/13956-2017-11-19T20-44-42.log

Log: RMR-2015 (client): https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-11-20/13956-2017-11-19T20-51-59.log

Thanks,

Rich

After having to hard power down my server again this morning I have gone back to 1.8.  I won't be seeking a refund as this is software I believe in that has been extremely useful for me and I want them to succeed.  I am a little confused by apparently some pro users getting the upgrade to 2.0 for free, some paying $5 and some (me) paying $29.

I realize now I could have opened a support ticket rather than hitting the forum, but honestly at this point I just need it to work.  I got stuff to do.  Hard to even troubleshoot it with the server locking up.

Thanks,

Rich

23 hours ago, RichieMac said:

I am a little confused by apparently some pro users getting the upgrade to 2.0 for free, some paying $5 and some (me) paying $29.

If that's true, that's pretty annoying.