Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy bypasses any mouse behaviour imposed by the client

aristizabal95

This is a hard one to explain, so I'll try my best.

When a client is running a program that requires some special behaviour on the mouse, synergy will not take this into account, breaking some apps functionality.

Example

Happens mostly on games: Most games need to be able to lock the position of the mouse to the center of the screen, to allow "infinite" movement in any direction. This won't work with synergy, since it bypasses the locking mechanism, restricting the in-game camera movement to the screen boundaries.

I downloaded an app called Cursor Lock on my windows client to try to solve this problem, as well as the lack of scroll lock button on a mac keyboard. Even though the mouse appears to be locked within the apps I specified, synergy is still tracking the global position of the mouse, meaning that my mouse will still change from one screen to the other, even though it is supposedly locked on my client.

If this does not clarify my problem, I can try and post a video, but it would take me some time.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

So this behavior seemed to be solved by a relative mode for the mouse in the Synergy 1 settings. I've also posted in a thread about Synergy 2 and games about this. However I wanted to comment and see if you have gotten any further results with this third party app you tried as a work around. Does using Scroll Lock to lock the cursor to the screen when combined with this third party app solve the problem?

aristizabal95
7 hours ago, Themicles said:

So this behavior seemed to be solved by a relative mode for the mouse in the Synergy 1 settings. I've also posted in a thread about Synergy 2 and games about this. However I wanted to comment and see if you have gotten any further results with this third party app you tried as a work around. Does using Scroll Lock to lock the cursor to the screen when combined with this third party app solve the problem?

Sadly nothing has worked at the moment. I ise a mac keyboard, so I can't use scroll lock, and there's nothing I can do client-side to get my mouse to work properly. Maybe I'll try and change keyboards to see if this third party app can at least make the mouse behave properly on games. I'll post the results later