Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 - How to delete a computer

• Kelvin Tran changed the title to Synergy 2 - How to delete a computer
  • Kelvin Tran locked and unlocked this topic

+1

Yes please!!

I renamed one of the computers (actually I just changed a lowercase letter to an uppercase letter to be more consistent with all my other machines... ) and that creates a lot of problems because the matching of screens from the synergy.conf is done by the name of the computer and is case insensitive.. 

I had to delete the entry from the .conf by hand and make that file write protected so that the auto config service won't overwrite it again .. 

Really annoying!

You don't need to +1 this; it's coming in 2.1 as stated in the first sticky of this forum. I do agree, though; this is a standard feature of the software, and they should not have release a 2.0 stable build without this. 2.0 should have had all of the features available in 1.x, at the very least.

• 2 weeks later...
SinisterOne

Poor design from the get go! Synergy 1 was way better even though it had its bugs! Synergy 2 is CRAPware! I mean no preferences? Really? No ability to remove systems that are no longer available! No ability on start-up etc. I mean come on! You go from a buggy system to just complete crap!

Sin

Edited by SinisterOne

Yep, same problem here. This is absurd. I've had issues with SSL autoconfig and am struggling to maintain a consistent connection between my Windows 10 Pro system and my Mac, and I have about 6 device aliases that I need to delete at this point. This is a garbage update. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Nick Bolton locked this topic