Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

2.0.2-stable: Step back from 2.0.1-stable (lag, firewall weirdness, etc.)

Keyboard/mouse lags every 5-10 minutes or so for 1-2 minutes. Wasn't happening on 2.0.1 (rock solid).

Also, on my personal PC the install was super quick. On my work PC, which is locked down by Group Policy (firewall) the install took like 15 minutes. That wasn't the case with 2.0.1.

TL;DR: We're still using beta software. Starting to get annoyed. Every other release is good. One step forward, two steps back.

Edited by Ilya
GranPaSmurf

Ilya,

Is it possible something else is kicking in that is a demand for available resources? On earlier versions, I had the lag and traced it to a scheduled anti-virus scan starting in the background.

AVs are better now and so are other background actions, but just a thought for troubleshooting. 

4 hours ago, KringleKrebs said:

Ilya,

Is it possible something else is kicking in that is a demand for available resources? On earlier versions, I had the lag and traced it to a scheduled anti-virus scan starting in the background.

AVs are better now and so are other background actions, but just a thought for troubleshooting. 

Nothing else on my system has changed, I noticed the lag pretty much within the first hour of use of the new version. That being said, I'm a systems engineer/former desktop support technician for a living so my setup is pretty damn perfect and runs smoothly 99% of the time. This is the only app that has given me issues (obviously the first few we were still under the beta test).

The fact that installation took 15 minutes on my work laptop vs a minute that it used to take for all previous versions (including the betas) is a red flag to me.

I'm done with synergy 2.0.x.  It's painfully inconsistent.  I shouldn't have to spend 5 minutes every couple of hours getting my synergy app to hit whatever online service again.  1.8 is stable and does everything I want.