Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

2.0.2 is unstable

I upgraded yesterday and I find 2.0.2 to be very unstable. It randomly stops working and even restarting services doesn't seem to restore functionality. Additionally, I have to use a keyboard on my slave Synergy machine when working in a remote desktop session as Synergy still has a problem with shift keys in remote desktop sessions. Whenever I use the keyboard in my remote desktop session, Synergy suddenly switches and the slave becomes the master, causing a lot of issues with my mouse. This was not the behavior in previous versions.

Very disappointed with this latest update.

Pete Rabjohns

Also seeing the same issue on 2.0.2-stable in regards to Remote Desktop sessions not allowing shift  & control keys. Likewise I think downgrading to 1.8 is probably the best bet. 

I actually decided to give version 1.8 another try and it's been stable and fuss free. Put simply, 1.8 works; version 2 is too much hassle to massage into life and keep massaging.

Given the time spent on developing 2, it might be usable by this time next year?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 11:21 AM, kreisdorph said:

It's sad, really. I went back to 1.8.x because 2.0.2 really has nothing I need or want. I only bought it to support the effort. There's no other way to put it... it's garbage. I'll try back in a few months.

I agree, thing is they have been pushing the email marketing campaign since Thanksgiving knowing full well it has issues especially with the linux variants and have no idea when customers will be able to even install on linux. Knowing this means that they are consciously committing fraud at best and downright theft at worse.

They are purposely selling a product that they know doesn't even install much less work. If that is not the definition of fraud then I don't know what is.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more. They released this as stable 2.0, when it's very clear that the feature set for 2.1 should be in the initial stable release. This is not stable, nor is it feature complete, and it's a huge regression in capabilities from 1.x. Totally unacceptable IMO. If they really needed money that badly to pay the bills and employees, then they should have kept pushing the alpha stage access. Releasing this as stable is nothing but a lie.

• 2 months later...