Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

how to access ui from synergy2 on mac?

Aaron Moore

So had synergy 2 kinda working (mouse issues on windows per my other post).... but my rebooted... saw the popup window but i had dismissed it earlier... tried to mouse over to my windows machine... and its not working. I tried killing synergy2 from Activity monitor and restarting it but nothing... can't get my mouse over to the windows machine.

I was trying to even get the ui up but I can't even figure out how to get to that. Lauching the app doesn't seem to do it. Very frustrated

holland_shon

I am having several "naming errors" and have 6 computers showing up on my synergy interface......but am only running synergy on 2 macs. (my desktop and my laptop)

this worked fine at home, but i think the network at my job is really confusing "synergy" with what to do

It is working, but i am having some mouse errors as well - even if we had some simple commands as to setting which computer is the "server" or what computer to use for the mouse and keyboard would be helpful  (right click or alt click or something)

I am on 2.03 and the mac gui doesnt come up for me unless i run: open -n /Applications/Synergy.app

That said, I'm not sure why I need the gui at all since I don't see anything in the gui except maybe monitor direction placement? Does the gui do anything else?

Not having this forum linked from the main web page is odd too, I agree. I had to google for this forum haha.

Hi CKP,

Without any user documentation - it is difficult to know what else one can do from the GUI. I believe you can also use it to send log files to Symless.

cheers,

Peter