Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy GUI will not start / no login screen available -new install

Chuck Merilliod

Chuck Merilliod

I purchased Synergy 2 and installed it successfully on 3 of my 4 PCs.  The 3 PCs that are working are Win10 Pro.  The fourth PC is Win7 Enterprise and it lets Synergy installation complete but when it opens the GUI just after the install is complete or when I click the Synergy icon in the Programs list, it flashes an empty window on the screen for a second or two then it disappears.  The Synergy Services are running.  I have uninstalled, scrubbed the registry and deleted the directories and reinstalled with the same results. It never opens the Browser where I would log in with my Synergy account like the other PCs did.  I attached the log files for review.

I also disabled MS Security Essentials and reinstalled.

I appreciate any assistance or ideas.

Thanks

synergy-combined.log

synergy-config.log

synergy-router.log

synergy-service.log

• 1 month later...
Chuck Merilliod

The resolution from Symless / Synergy was to offer me my money back.  They had no fix for it.  To be honest I suspect it may have had something to do with the PC though.  Although I had no other issue with it.  I think this because I had Synergy working on 2 other PC's without issue.  I was able to resolve my issue with Mouse without borders. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35460

I will also add that I have used Synergy for years without any issue.  It was only when I updated to Synergy 2 that my issues started.  Synergy served me well while it lasted.