Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2.0.3: How to logout?

I installed 2.0.3 on too many computers.  I want to logout of some.  How do I logout?

I don't want to just uninstall, because I have 2 Synergy accounts and want to sign back in on the computer with a different account.

I have been emailing support since Nov 27, but just get poor responses and the latest says they can't help one on one.  I understand if sales have been good and I'm trying to be patient, but I have 2 licenses and want to use the product!  Even though it is buggy and few options, I trust in future dev.  Just.... need to signout and back in as a different user!

Anyone?  Thank you for your help.

Yes this is a HUGE problem.

I have synergy installed on the computers at the various offices I work at.   I was having a problem with my synergy setup ( 2.0.3 ) where it kept losing connection to the other computers in my group ...  REALLY REALLY annoying and wasting my time.   I finally figured out that a computer was being used at one of the other offices ( the other office is on a completely different network and it is 100 miles away from where I am currently at) and every time the person in the other office typed or moved their mouse that computer was seizing control.  Fortunately I have team viewer set up on that computer and I was able to log in and stop the synergy service.

However, I shouldn't have to do that.   Number one, it should have been smart enough to know that the other computer wasn't one the same network, and number 2 if not, I should be able to disable that computer from the interface.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
NoLanMike5150

I have 2 Synergy accounts, one for work and one for home. I logged into to one of my computers at home, out of habit, with the email and password for the systems at work and now, I have no way to log out of the work account at home on my main PC.!! UUUUhhhhggggg!!!!!

You guys (Symless) need to us the ability to log out of the application and login again under whatever account we choose.

I did a complete uninstall, went though the (win 10) Registry trying to clean out all instances of Synergy and when I reinstalled, Synergy 2.o.4 'stable' automatically logged me back into my work account.

Unacceptable!!!!!!

NoLanMike5150

Update... For Windows 10 users...

I was able to change the login of my home PC by going to Setting > Apps (& features) and then clicking on the Synergy entry (icon) and the clicking on "Modify" (not Uninstall).

This does not make a whole lot of sense per se but, it may create a reset of sorts, that is just enough to stop the service and or log out the app.

I was also logged into my Symless account in Firefox when I did this procedure... Not sure if this mattered or not, just mentioning it , just in case.

Everything is working as expected now.

I still think this 2.0 software needs more control features.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think found a solution to this one 

If you head to regedit on Windows and navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\

Once there delete the Symless folder and it will  prompt you to resign into synergy on the next open

You may need to stop the synergy service to delete this file.

I created a .reg file that can do this for you (change .log to .reg)

Login remove.log

16 minutes ago, ZZZNZ27 said:

I think found a solution to this one 

If you head to regedit on Windows and navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\

Once there delete the Symless folder and it will  prompt you to resign into synergy on the next open

You may need to stop the synergy service to delete this file.

I created a .reg file that can do this for you (change .log to .reg)

Login remove.log

This also work with Synergy 2.0.7-stable

• 1 month later...
Michael Lemus

How can I do this an Ubuntu 17.10? I purchased a second account to separate my work and home machines but I was unable to "log out" of my account on my Windows machine until I deleted the registry file as per the solution posted above. Now trying to get my Ubuntu machine to log out and log in to this new account and i'm unsure of how to do that... how is this not a basic feature of this application?