Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy Settings?

Okay, so i just bought synergy. Installed it both on my desktop pc and my surface pro 3 and well, it works although im experiencing periodic stuttering on the surface pro 3 (client).

Where can i configure synergy? There are not options, nothing. Just a few services running in the background with no interface to configure it and NO explaination what i can do with it etc?

EDIT:

Both running Windows 10 64 Bit btw

Edited by dEEkAy2k9
42 minutes ago, dEEkAy2k9 said:

Okay, so i just bought synergy. Installed it both on my desktop pc and my surface pro 3 and well, it works although im experiencing periodic stuttering on the surface pro 3 (client).

Where can i configure synergy? There are not options, nothing. Just a few services running in the background with no interface to configure it and NO explaination what i can do with it etc?

EDIT:

Both running Windows 10 64 Bit btw

Seems like i cannot edit my post anymore.

Well the stuttering seemed to be an issue with odrive (synchs cloud services like onedrive, gdrive etc). After disabling it, stuttering went away.

Still, where can i find the configuration (hotkeys etc) for synergy?

Apparently, they took that function out all together.  I have read they are going to release in early 2018 an update that brings it back, however, I certainly hope they can do so and get rid of cloud communication for the app.

Not much to configure anywhere, as for the rearranging monitors/computers, all you get is one window which shows you one of your connected computers, to see the other one, you need to drag the top one. Once you see them both, then that's it in terms of options. How do you activate/deactivate features like wrapping around monitors, avoiding switching monitors in corners or in full-screen mode?? No user guide, no manual, nothing to help you use or navigate through this tool. Do they expect everyone to be a frickin computer whiz?! ShareMouse is way user-friendlier. Also, most of the great features of the Pro version are (Coming soon), how soon is that??

Installation went fine and I can see that it works very fast and smoothly, but this is only Day1. After shutting down both computers tonight, let see how it'll work tomorrow, also I haven't tried adding my MacBook Pro yet.

We need some sort of written instructions!!!!!!

• Like 1
jaap aarts

they are working on an offline part of the app, right now it connects to the could to sync the config files. I guess it would just use the old configs that are present on the machines and sync between them.

so today, synergy is not working at all. desktop sees only itself and surface pro 3 sees itself only too. constantly having errors and retrying... can't believe i really paid for this

22 hours ago, letoubab said:

Installation went fine and I can see that it works very fast and smoothly, but this is only Day1. After shutting down both computers tonight, let see how it'll work tomorrow, also I haven't tried adding my MacBook Pro yet.

I guess it worked fine until I shut down the computers last night, today nothing works and I have no clue on how to troubleshoot. Wasting money is one thing, but I cannot afford wasting time! Let us know when this tool is ready and give us some clear instructions.

On 12/26/2017 at 6:22 PM, letoubab said:

Not much to configure anywhere, as for the rearranging monitors/computers, all you get is one window which shows you one of your connected computers, to see the other one, you need to drag the top one. Once you see them both, then that's it in terms of options. How do you activate/deactivate features like wrapping around monitors, avoiding switching monitors in corners or in full-screen mode?? No user guide, no manual, nothing to help you use or navigate through this tool. Do they expect everyone to be a frickin computer whiz?! ShareMouse is way user-friendlier. Also, most of the great features of the Pro version are (Coming soon), how soon is that??

We need some sort of written instructions!!!!!!

I agree, the lack of documentation is painful!

• Like 1