Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

One client keeps going to "sleep"

One of the clients keeps disconnecting. When I try to move the mouse to the computer with that client, the mouse stops at the edge of the window. Watching the client on that computer I see the window icon on it has gone gray. After a few tries of moving the mouse over to that computer, Then I see that clien't icon change to a dialog progress bar appear where I assume it is showing it is doing a connection. The progress bar disappears and the icon window then turns green.

Here is the log for that client.

https://synergy-logs.symless.com/b3333522d57af2bf436f594c28afa59f/logs/21268-2017-12-28T15-31-57.log

I would upload the logs for that shared client but, the client will not even pop up . Good grief.

With that I would like to take a moment to criticize a decision to take this out of Beta make this "stable."

Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. Software in the beta stage is also known as betaware. Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs.Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss. >>>>>> The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, <<<<<<< often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it. Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, preview release, prototype, technical preview / technology preview (TP)

The software as in condition is clearly still in beta by the sheer amount of complaints of issues being reported

Edited by TrentC
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

This could be why:

[ Router  ] [2017-12-28T15:29:23] debug: Error reading from core client: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
[ Router  ] [2017-12-28T15:29:23] debug: Terminating core client read loop

Are you using wifi?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Ah, or could be this:

[ Service ] [2017-12-28T15:28:59] debug: local input detected, claiming this computer as server in local network
[ Core    ] [2017-12-28T15:28:59] INFO: local input detected

Did you know that pressing any key makes a computer a server?

No, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

But seriously, this does not resolve the issue I am experiencing.

Also, I tested out the feature where one supposedly can drag, and drop files to another computer

Drag and drop files from one computer to another (Windows and macOS).

. That does not function at all.

Seriously, you need to drop this back to beta, and stop proclaiming this as "stable" when it is not.

On 1/1/2018 at 4:15 PM, Nick Bolton said:

Ah, or could be this:

[ Service ] [2017-12-28T15:28:59] debug: local input detected, claiming this computer as server in local network
[ Core    ] [2017-12-28T15:28:59] INFO: local input detected

Did you know that pressing any key makes a computer a server?

Is there a way to disable this behaviour?

That is a good question, as I am not even pressing any keys, but just trying to ,over the mouse to the other computer. Remember, that is the logs for the computer for which I am not sharing the mouse, and keyboard with,

Yeah, is there a way to disable this "any key" behavior? I use one primary keyboard but jump over to the other from time to time during multi-tasking and this is killing me. This is especially problematic as the Linux client doesn't seem to grab the server status back from the windows client...

• Like 1

Same here, I often use the mouse from my desktop and the keyboard on my notebook. I've gone back to Synergy 1.8, as I don't really have time to fool around with this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 05/01/2018 at 10:53 AM, tealeaf said:

Is there a way to disable this behaviour?

We're planning to add this in 2.1.