Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Cant click with mouse :(

Good evening,

So far my experience has been very good, congrats on the amazing software.

But today I can switch machines but cant click anywhere in the client computer, mouse moves as it is supposed but no right or left click ...

Please help.

Regards,

Helder

• 2 weeks later...
Russell Southey

I had the same problem (I'm using 2.04 "stable"). I found one temporary - albeit irritating - solution - was to double-click on the desktop of the server and then the mouse click would work on the client desktop. To keep "the click" working I would need to repeatedly have to double-click on the server desktop...irritating, to say the least. A more effective solution was to restart the client machine.

I experienced this problem with previous versions of Synergy (1.8) - after no solutions from Support, I changed back to Mousewithoutborders from Microsoft which worked well 99% of the time. (I only run Windows PCs so the Microsoft solution worked for me). I changed back to Synergy when version 2 was released..which was a total mess.

It's only been since the release of 2.04 that I've been content with Synergy - the only problem I've had was the "clickless mouse" as you've described. Thankfully there seems to be an easy solution - as I've described above. 

I have this problem and clicking the task bar on host is a workaround fix. I am using a Logitech mouse (G502) with the gaming software, I suspected it was the conflict but disabling them did not help, and though I also need the macros too.

Russell Southey

Another solution I've found is to restart the Synergy service on the server - then the "no click" problem seems to be resolved in the client. Even if the service appears to be running, restart it!

Win key - type services - find synergy - right click and click restart.

• Like 1

I've had this issue too and have been working around it by moving my mouse back to the host/server and moving it back to the client so I can click on things again. I did e-mail support and it's a known bug that's being worked on apparently.

• Thanks 1