Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Make "Share From" option in the config tool not change

+1 for this feature.  I only ever want to share my keyboard/mouse from one computer and expect that the keyboard/mouse from every other computer stays dedicated only to those machines.

+1

I want to share from my host's keyboard and trackpad, whilst also using my client's mouse without losing my host's sharing connection.

Edited by therug
clarification

+1

I only have one mouse and keyboard connected to my computers. I've had to drag out additional mice because of the flippy floppy "share from" to correct the share from computer from time to time. (As long as the CTRL key is not locked on)

• 4 weeks later...
doublerebel

Yes!  The default for Synergy 2 should be like Synergy 1 -- one server that doesn't change unless the user makes the change.  This has been driving me nuts!  Often I use the touchpad on my Windows laptop while Synergy is enabled on the OSX server -- now with Synergy 2, when it decides to make my Windows laptop the server, it changes the range of my touchpad to let it overscroll into OSX, and this happens while I'm moving the cursor so I end up clicking the entire wrong item.

I also was tailing the logs for a while on my Linux client, and if Synergy can't connect to the last server as a client a few times, it will then give up and start the core as a server instead??  This was so hard to debug until I watched the logs.  This seems to have been reduced since I updated to 2.0.5.  I hope my clients won't restart themselves in server mode ever again.  (This is usually a good habit in all sorts of programming and control systems, predictable one-way control flow.)  Thanks!!

I have not seen my win7 take over as server, and it refuses to do it when I try to tell it to.  I frequently use both mice and keyboards without experiencing a server swap.  It stays where I put it, just the way I like it. in the Fedora box.
There has to be a two-way hand-shake protocol where the server gives up control followed by the client accepting control, like a change of the guard.

I would accept this being a "Feature" if my linux box would take over as the server when i start using it again. But for right now the only way to make my linux box the server again is to manually change it in the configuration