Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Better Customization for Multi-Monitor Setups?

Personally, I use a laptop with a multimonitor desktop/workstation setup. I like putting the laptops on the screens of the desktop/workstation. However, since each machine is seen as a single monitor, I cant then make it so one laptop is under monitor 1 and another is under monitor 2. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

This feature is planned for 2.2 which is due in about 12 months. For now, you can either wait, or take a refund and use Synergy 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nick,  

Is there a published roadmap anywhere?  I think I'm interested in this feature as well or at least curious of my use case is described here.  I have 4 monitors in the form of a T that looks like:

PC2  MAC2  MAC 1

PC1

in Synergy I have MAC2 on top with PC1 down, but in actuality going down usually takes me to PC2 and I need to move right to get to PC1.  I'd like to be able to layout the monitors in the fashion that going left from MAC2 takes me to PC2, going down from MAC2 takes me to PC1.

• Like 1

Doug,

Very similar use case. Nick said to roll back to the last version, but I don't remember seeing this feature in the last one. Maybe I'll take a look and do that because it's driving me crazy to pull my cursor to my right monitor, in order to get to my top monitor. But it pulls right back the correct way. Hopefully the fix comes sooner than later.

I am having a very similar issue. It's actually infuriating In my case I have to draw a  huge circle with my mouse and make a big swipe left to get my mouse onto my 2nd PC's screen. Good thing I have a big mouse pad .This doesn't feel very seamless to me. 

• 1 year later...

hey @Nick Bolton is there a chance that a more robust display setup will make it's way into a current version of Synergy ? I have 2 machines with an inverted "T" setup , so 3 displays on the bottom with a large 32" on top.

• 3 months later...
J L Reyes

Looking for something similar. Primarily looking to fit a monitor into an L shaped layout to complete the rectangle,

At my office, I have 4 monitors: 3 on my Windows computer and the 4th connected to a Mac Mini.

At home, I have 3 displays (see attachment) that consists of a 4K monitor and 2 1080 screens. One of the 1080 screens is hooked into a Mac, the other two are connected to a Windows 10 computer.

Ideally I want to be able to get to the Mac screen from both the side and top of the monitors beside it.

layout.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
Moddedout

It's amazing how this is still an issue when there are a ton of other apps that are not as cool can do this very simple task. When will this become a feature in Synergy?