Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

After uninstalling v2 and reinstalling v1.8.8, mouse will not move to client

I upgraded to v2 and could not get it to work.  I uninstalled and then reinstalled v1.8.8.  Status indicates that the client is connected but my mouse won't move to the client screen.  Scroll lock is turned off.  I've stopped and restarted the service several times.  Any suggestions?

GranPaSmurf

I'd try a REALLY CLEAN install. Purge everything Synergy off your computer. 

I'm lazy so I use Revo uninstall (they have a free version) 

After it's squeeky clean, reinstall. See if that works 

Kelvin Tran

Out of interest, what was your v2 issue?

Do NOT try what @GranPaSmurf suggested until you try this, as you'll waste your time if this solves it. Go to the grid of Synergy 1 (yes, there is a grid in v1). Ensure that your client and server positions are correct. Synergy reinstallations wipe the grid configurations and as such, they may change positioning to somewhere it is not intended to be. Ensure that a logical path is formed between the two systems. Then move onto Smurf's suggestion.

If a clean "purge" of any software files and a reinstallation fails to fix your issue, here is what I will suggest.

1.) Have you identified which system is causing the issue? Do what GranPaSmurf suggested and if that doesn't work the first time, do it a second time. This time, when you reinstall, however, configure the systems to be opposite of what you set them the first time in terms of server/client. If it works, you know it's an issue with the server. If it doesn't, you know it's an issue with the "Synergy link" between the two. Revert back to the proper server/client config.

2.) If that still doesn't fix it, assuming that you're on Windows, go backup any files that were changed recently and perform a System Restore back to a snapshot made before the installation of Synergy 2 if possible. If not, I'll think of some more in a reply if you reply saying it doesn't work.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to both of you for replying.  I've tried all of this except for the system restore because that restore point is no longer available.  The issue I face with both versions is that my mouse won't transfer to the client computer.  I've tried switching the client/server and get the same results.   Synergy indicates connected to server, but I can't get off of the Server computer with my mouse/keyboard.  Any other thoughts you may have would be greatly appreciated!  Also, prior to upgrading to v2, i was using v1.8.8 successfully.  Only after upgrading to v2 did this problem start.  I did a clean uninstall and reverted back to 1.8.8 but problem persists.