Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Optimization for Boot Camp

Kelvin Tran

Suffice it to say, I'm a proud macOS user. I need FCPX to do my school work and I like the hardware and design and especially the software.

However, I also need Windows on my systems, hence why I use Boot Camp.

The issue with using Boot Camp with a "Synergized" set-up, however, is that Synergy gets confused and thinks that these are two computers.

Can there be a method created where I can logically associate these two computers as being one? 

I'm sure this would be useful for other purposes as well. For example, if the server is a laptop that is constantly being swapped out and the peripherals are being swapped along with it. The problem isn't which is set as the sever, the problem is purely positioning on a grid, as placing one on the bottom of the other doesn't work. If, however, the two servers are allowed to be linked together as two computers in the same position, it would make both Boot Camp usage and dual server that is not being used at the same time configurations among others to work more efficiently.

I hope I'm describing this well enough for it to be considered a "feature request", as even I am not sure how to describe my desire for this feature effectively.

I think it's a good description, and it'd also be useful for those of us (like me) who multi-boot different Linux installations on the same host. It does go to the general theme that "more control in the users' hands" might be a good idea rather than attempting to automagically set everything up.

• Thanks 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 16/01/2018 at 12:25 AM, Kelvin Tran said:

Can there be a method created where I can logically associate these two computers as being one? 

Coming soon. It's a feature we'll call "Grouping" (a bit like aliases in S1).