Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

User Guide

There was a post about this before.

It got ugly. Really ugly. People I respected lowered themselves to attacks that had nothing to do with the product and more to do with technical penis size. Please. Get over it and focus on what is important: getting this product where both sectors (pro and general user) can get the most out of it how they deem fit.

There is absolutely no valid reason why a simple, generic "How-To/Shortcut" screen should not come with the software. It would take an intern a lunch break to make one. It would give 100% of your users something quick and easy to make this product more powerful for them.

It is crappy, crude and just a shell of a shell of an idea of a suggestion. I did this in 20 minutes while helping the kids get ready for the day, cabling up my new office until I can address the horrid wifi, and receiving the honey-do list so my life can be peaceful. 

Screens tab stays the same.

Overview gives a high level of what needs to happen to get you started. Anything super detailed can be linked to a site/forum.

Shortcuts just does that: lists the shortcuts and what they do. Also list the scenarios where you would use said shortcuts.

Help.jpg

Another approach is a simple hotkey that would bring up a screen of most-needed-text and a link to an on-line page with more detail, maybe including even some basic troubleshooting tips as well. That would serve folks who don't have Internet access as well.

Or... OR...

The ever-so-easy question mark icon near the top right that will bring up information once clicked.

Any of these work. I am just trying to demonstrate that there really is not a solid argument that I am aware of that demonstrates that the benefit of adding this is not worth the time required to get this demoed, polished, QC'd and then released.