Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

how is it supposed to work?

Is there some kind of manual for Synergy2? I'm clueless how it is supposed to work. I've launched it on both machines, and see both in respective Synergy app screens, click share... and that's it... nothing happens ...

Is there some kind of keyboard combination to switch between screens?

Apart from that I've tried sending a support ticket - upon clicking "send request" nothing happened.

Also is previous version still available somewhere? While it required a bit od setup it, there are videos for it and the whole setup seemed very straightforward.

synergy_howthehellitworks.jpg

Is there some kind of manual for Synergy2? I'm clueless how it is supposed to work. I've launched it on both machines, and see both in respective Synergy app screens, click share... and that's it... nothing happens ...

Apart from that I've tried sending a support ticket - upon clicking "send request" nothing happened.

Also is previous version still available somewhere? While it required a bit od setup it, there are videos for it and the whole setup seemed very straightforward.

The whole concept was that it was supposed to have zero setup.... just "works". That's apparently still a goal, and hopefully 2.1 will bring better control and documentation.

@to admin: plz delete other topics I accidently created :) .

A bit of progress on my end - found out that "`" brings up a debug console. Copied its contents and analyzed it a bit. If I start the synergy2 server on the linux side without the "--name" part it works.

So it looks I'll be able to set it up. But some kind of wiki/manual would be super helpful.Anyways my goal now is set Windows10 (in VM) up so Synergy2 client would start on boot, while I'll create desktop shortcut on my Linux machine that would launch a server. In ideal situation even the desktop file would be obsolete and all should work in background - that would make the whole workflow seamless.