Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

doesnt work and no instructions

CharlesCandale

just installed v2.0.4-stable and it just does't work on two win10-64-bit

no instructions

i got the app running with icons for both computer

only option is to righclick on an icon and select share but nothing happens

not happy with this product at all

i couldnt even submit a ticket after uploading the logs, i filled it all out and nothing happens when i click submit request

does anything work?

Program Issue

I had the same issue as Charles, I had to manually go into my Services on my Windows x64 and restart the Synergy service.  Once that was done, I was able to move between computers.  The only input I have on this 2.0.4 release, is that it seems very sluggish on the user computer's end.  Synergy also no longer shows up in the Taskbar once you hit the "X" in the top right corner, so any new user you have, they'll have no idea how to re-open the application to make it view-able.

Installation Process

On a side note, I had to install a MSI registry edit to run the installer as the Administrator. >> See Link >> http://windows.intowindows.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/My uploaded files/MSIFileRunAsAdmin.zip

When I originally tried to install it, the application did not have privileges from the computer to do anything in the Synergy home folder.  I also tried doing the msiexec.exe /a "C:\path\to\installer.msi" and it still failed.

Once I installed the MSI registry edit, ran it as Administrator, the installation was flawless.

Edited by Vertco
More Information
  • Like 1
Sungho Park
On 1/27/2018 at 12:19 AM, Vertco said:

Program Issue

I had the same issue as Charles, I had to manually go into my Services on my Windows x64 and restart the Synergy service.  Once that was done, I was able to move between computers.  The only input I have on this 2.0.4 release, is that it seems very sluggish on the user computer's end.  Synergy also no longer shows up in the Taskbar once you hit the "X" in the top right corner, so any new user you have, they'll have no idea how to re-open the application to make it view-able.

Installation Process

On a side note, I had to install a MSI registry edit to run the installer as the Administrator. >> See Link >> http://windows.intowindows.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/My uploaded files/MSIFileRunAsAdmin.zip

When I originally tried to install it, the application did not have privileges from the computer to do anything in the Synergy home folder.  I also tried doing the msiexec.exe /a "C:\path\to\installer.msi" and it still failed.

Once I installed the MSI registry edit, ran it as Administrator, the installation was flawless.

Thank you Vertco!

I am using Synergy to use a keyboard and mouse from WIndows 10 desktop to Macbook Pro, and for me restarting Synergy service on my Windows 10 immediately fixed the issue for me.

16 hours ago, Sungho Park said:

Thank you Vertco!

I am using Synergy to use a keyboard and mouse from WIndows 10 desktop to Macbook Pro, and for me restarting Synergy service on my Windows 10 immediately fixed the issue for me.

Absolutely, I'm glad my experience could help you.

• Like 1

Like Sungho Park (and Vertco), I'm running between OS X High Sierra (10.13.2) and Win 10--and the problem seemed to be the Windows service. Stopping/starting Synergy service on the Win machine fixed everything (mouse, keyboard, clipboard at least).

I'd like to suggest (gently) while I and probably others like the concept of minimalism, Synergy 2.0.4 takes the practice past a useful edge. Some context help (right click) at least would help. And perhaps include some of the troubleshooting bits in a single page easy for Symless to update and users to access (rather than scrolling through the forum).

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
46 minutes ago, docLocke said:

Some context help (right click) at least would help. And perhaps include some of the troubleshooting bits in a single page easy for Symless to update and users to access (rather than scrolling through the forum).

Because the UX is so simple, pretty much every issue is caused by a bug. Right now we need to capture as much information about these bugs as possible, which is why we're urging people to raise support tickets. Our support team is our best resource for prioritizing bug fixes.

Before scrolling through the forum, please raise a support ticket if you're having a problem: https://symless.com/contact/customer-support

• Nick Bolton locked this topic