Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

minimize to ststem tray

has anyone found a way to get synergy 2 to minimize to system tray and out of my taskbar. 

i have so much on my taskbar and once its on i dont need to access synergy at all and would like to be able to drop it to the system tray and forget about it, I'm pretty sure its this way for more than a few people and hopefully someone can let me know if a way has been found to do this 

Cheers

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Why do you want a system tray? You can safely close the config app and it'll run in the background.

Pat (Mac+Win10)

If you could see it in a system tray you could close it. I run this on two laptops and it would be handy to be able to shut it off without logging out or restarting.

Pat (Mac+Win10)

When I want to revert to a one-laptop setup (like when I leave the office), I don't want my mouse getting stuck off screen on my primary device or accidentally entering text into the remote device.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
36 minutes ago, Pat (Mac+Win10) said:

When I want to revert to a one-laptop setup (like when I leave the office), I don't want my mouse getting stuck off screen on my primary device or accidentally entering text into the remote device.

When you leave the office, your connection will drop, so the cursor won’t leave the screen any more... unless you found a bug. Are you actually seeing this behaviour?

Pat (Mac+Win10)
8 minutes ago, Nick Bolton said:

When you leave the office, your connection will drop, so the cursor won’t leave the screen any more... unless you found a bug. Are you actually seeing this behaviour?

I thought I did. Perhaps I was just in the other room, while there was still a wifi connection.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
10 hours ago, Pat (Mac+Win10) said:

Perhaps I was just in the other room, while there was still a wifi connection.

Ah, in this case, you can press scroll lock key to lock the cursor to your laptop.

10 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Ah, in this case, you can press scroll lock key to lock the cursor to your laptop.

How can this be accomplished on a MacBook / MacBook Pro where there is no such key?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
12 hours ago, kameyin said:

How can this be accomplished on a MacBook / MacBook Pro where there is no such key?

Ah, that's frustrating. We'll be releasing a settings screen in Synergy 2.1 which will allow you to change this key. Sadly we won't have that with you for another 6 months. Thanks for your patience.