Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy2 not living to my expectations

First of all, I could not post this topic to General discussion :( so i posted it here.

I have problems with synergy2 not being what i was expecting it do to. So i would like to ask if I could get 1.9x serial key, until synergy 2.x is good enough or should I say a bit more finished?

I will not adress issues as we all know them and I don't mind waiting a bit till a full-released version will be availble. But in the mean time I would be more comfortable with 1.9x version. I have downloaded it but cannot activate it, since I have only license for synergy 2.x.

Best regards

Happy user of synergy for quite a bit of time

kbrodej

Edited by kbrodej
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
12 hours ago, kbrodej said:

I have problems with synergy2 not being what i was expecting it do to. So i would like to ask if I could get 1.9x serial key, until synergy 2.x is good enough or should I say a bit more finished?

Sorry you feel that way. You can certainly get access to Synergy 1, but could I ask what Synergy 2 is missing for you?

Please contact customer service to get access to Synergy 1: https://symless.com/contact

12 hours ago, kbrodej said:

First of all, I could not post this topic to General discussion :( so i posted it here.

That's weird. Did you see an error or something?

I moved this thread to the General Discussion forum for you :)

1 hour ago, Nick Bolton said:

Sorry you feel that way. You can certainly get access to Synergy 1, but could I ask what Synergy 2 is missing for you?

Please contact customer service to get access to Synergy 1: https://symless.com/contact

That's weird. Did you see an error or something?

I moved this thread to the General Discussion forum for you :)

Thank you for your answer.

I am missing the setup gui or options tab so you can configure it to your likings. Under the hood approach.

Do not get me wrong, i love the simple setup on synergy2, but in some cases it is abit blank.

Like I said no options, no thrashcan to remove computers, or hotkey configuration. 

As for the post. Thank you for moving it.

No it did not produced an error but it was just greyed out and i could not selected it.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
28 minutes ago, kbrodej said:

remove computers, or hotkey configuration. 

Are these the only 2 settings you'd like to see?

We're adding a remove computer feature this week, and later on we'll be reintroducing an advanced settings screen where you can configure your hotkeys.

4 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Are these the only 2 settings you'd like to see?

We're adding a remove computer feature this week, and later on we'll be reintroducing an advanced settings screen where you can configure your hotkeys.

These 2 are the most important. Saving configuration option would be good as well. I mean I would like to se all of the configuration options in 2.0x as in 1.0 if user chooses so.

I will keep in mind for next updates to try, but in the mean time I would like to use 1.9.