Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 - Not Working with Multiple Windows Accounts

We have Synergy 2.04 installed on a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 7 PC on the same network.
The Windows 10 PC is the one we use to share the keyboard and mouse.
We have 2 user accounts on the Windows 10 PC - Synergy does not work on account #2 when account #1 is already logged in and using Synergy.  The program is running, but the mouse will not cross screens.  Account #1 needs to log out, and then account #2 will work. 
How do we get Synergy to work with both accounts logged in? Thanks!

Thanks for your interest in my issue.

This problem happens with both accounts, and when you log out of one, the other account immediately works, and yes in reverse - does not matter which logs in first.

The problem happens when the service is running and also when the client is open as well - does not matter.  Ideally we want both accounts to work with just the service running...

Symless support has identified this as an issue that affects a small percentage of users - a fix may be in the works over the next few months, but it was suggested I post here for a possible quicker resolution.

Can you tell me what the service is running as on your system?

Also what happens if you restart the service on the second profile once you swap over?

On 2/1/2018 at 6:26 PM, JDDoesIT said:

Can you tell me what the service is running as on your system?

Also what happens if you restart the service on the second profile once you swap over?

The service is running as "Synergy" and the second profile is just a local user account and cannot stop or start the service - it it just automatically started and running for this profile

Sorry, I now tried what you suggested in the second posting:

1) I rebooted PC and logged into the administrator account first, and Synergy is running as a service - cursor can cross to screen on 2nd PC.

2) I logged into the user account, with the admin account still logged in, and Synergy is running as a service, but the cursor CANNOT cross to screen on 2nd PC.

3) I ran cmd as administrator and stopped Synergy then started Synergy using net stop and net start.

4) The cursor now can cross to the 2nd screen in the user account, but when I switch back to the administrator account with the user account still logged in, the administrator account now cannot cross screens with the cursor.

Ascending Angel

So, we have to stop the service through a command prompt and restart it, every time we want our fiance's to be able to use the same features on their username on our computers?