Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 1.8 on Mageia Linux 6

Hans Scheffler

On Mageia Linux 5, I managed to install and run Synergy 1.8 using the Fedora RPM and setting symbolic links to take care of the library name differences (libcrypto, libdns & libssl).

On Mageia Linux 6 I cannot get a SSL connection working. Without SSL Synergy seems to be working fine, but I am not going to run Synergy without encryption on this network!

My preferred set-up is Linux server with Windows client, but I have tried the other way round too with the same result (only works without SSL).

synergys -f runs, but complains:

synergys: /lib64/libcrypto.so.10: no version information available (required by synergys)
synergys: /lib64/libcrypto.so.10: no version information available (required by synergys)
synergys: /lib64/libssl.so.10: no version information available (required by synergys)

The Windows client reports an SSL error: unknown protocol and the connection is closed.

The GUI fails too:
synergy: error while loading shared libraries: libdns_sd.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have not had success compiling from source either.
Although I have lib64xtst6 installed, cmake complains: Missing library: Xtst

If I bypass the library check in CMakeLists.txt, then make fails (as expected): error: The XTest extension is required to build synergy

Anybody running Synergy on Mageia 6?

Suggestions (other than changing the OS to Fedora)?