Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

No clicks administered in guest Win/Mac version 2.0.5

No clicks are being administered on a client Win/Mac system when taskbar on server system is not clicked first in version 2.0.5 (stable).

I noticed that the mouse cursor is interacting with the client environment (menu's are being selected by the cursor hovering over them) but,  to my annoyance, nothing can be clicked!

I found out that when I first clicked on an empty space on the Windows taskbar on my server PC in Windows 10 (Pro, 64-bit, version 1709, build 16299.192, Dutch) and moved the cursor to the client, that it then does administer clicks and right-clicks, like of old.

This is different from the 2.0.4 stable release.

The front window was Firefox when I noticed it on the second monitor. Now it seems to need the taskbar to be top front before one can click or right-click on items on a client monitor.

This happened to me on 2 Windows 10 Pro systems at 2 different locations (one desktop PC and a laptop), each having same result from updating from 2.0.4 stable to 2.0.5 stable (on all systems connected on the same network).

I would like to see the old behavior return to future versions, because of the extra, unnecessary clicks and mouse movement one has to perform.

Can the developers look into this?

Thanks for making working on computers a lot more efficient and friendlier with Synergy!

Edited by Ymetro
Whoops, needed a read-through before posting!
9 hours ago, Ymetro said:

Just found a link to Customer Support and I will report this first thing in the morning.

My reason for posting: Does anyone else experience this behavior?