Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Only seeing 1 computer

Dean Landon

Hi, I don't know if I'm missing something but v2.0.5 isn't working on my end. I have it installed on a 2013 (black) Mac Pro and iMac 5K, both running 10.13.3. Pictured below is what I'm seeing. I've been trying to make v2 work since the beginning, but I haven't had any luck what-so-ever and so I keep going back to v1.8.

Before installing 2.0.5, I deleted v1.8 completely.

How can I get v2.0.5 up and running? Thank you!

Synergy 2.0.5.gif

Suggestion: Check communications between the machines (ping), make sure _all_ firewall software is TEMPORARILY disabled, and verify Internet connectivity. If all is well there, then it may be time to file a ticket. 

Cheating? Nope. Problem resolution is what Technical Support is for. This forum is meant to help, not replace, TS. We moderators are volunteers and do not work for Symless (in most cases).

I can tell you that 2.05 is working on my setup between Linux Mint and a Mac. Thus, it does work somewhere, and not all users are having this problem.

Edited by jml
Clarification
GranPaSmurf
4 hours ago, klm46 said:

same problem as even all users!!! and moderator is cheating to open a ticket!
please - i want my money back!!! it is terrible!!!

klm46,

First, please understand that moderators on this forum are just experienced users giving their time to help you. I don't understand your use of the word 'cheat.' Future development is driven in part by Support Tickets.

Then, I don't understand your phrase ' as even all users!!' There are thousands of successful users. Quoting myself here, from a post last week:

If a doctor sees patients all day that all,100%, have the flu, that doesn't mean that the whole population,100%, have the flu.
If you skim the forum, you will see a bunch of users with problems. That's OK, they're supposed to be here. Another quick skim will turn up a lot of "thanks, that worked" messages.

Lastly, your phrase " I want my money back!!! it is terrible!!! - I understand that one and the answer is simple: [email protected] 

Had the same issue, uninstalled using instructions in link:

removed Preference file: com.https-symless-com.Synergy.plist from Users/*yourusername*/Library/Preferences

Re-installed, issue resolved. 

Could probably just remove the pref. file, but when in doubt, remove it all :)

• Thanks 1
GranPaSmurf
36 minutes ago, rayrwork said:

Re-installed, issue resolved. 

Could probably just remove the pref. file, but when in doubt, remove it all :)

I agree with you. When I have to do a reinstall, I just take the extra time and make it squeaky clean. 

Dean Landon

Ok so I followed the instructions from Nick above, and removed rayrwork's file >>> (com.https-symless-com.Synergy.plist from Users/*yourusername*/Library/Preferences), and something I've never seen before is the Synergy (Sign in with Symless) window and the window following that. Once I logged in, everything worked. Thanks guys!

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 4.25.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 4.32.19 PM.png

Edited by Dean Landon