Hello! šŸ‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Finally some good news

Yep 2.0.5 works for myself as well. Between windows 10 and fedora 27, I'll get my laptop and test on OSX Sierra later.

I had to follow the steps of uninstalling on both.

That seemed to do the trick. I'm glad 2.0.5 is working. It's been rough and I'm torn between the simplicity of v2 and what feels like the lack of control being a good or bad thing. The ability to be offline is critical in my mind.

Now a bit of a complaint. The automatic switching between which computer is acting server needs to be removed. It should be a manual selection, always. Many applications mimic keystrokes as part of normal operation, and if this happens on a headless system, Synergy automatically assumes it's the new server. Even if there is no physical keyboard attached. This is bad.

And yes, this is happening to me quite often.Fortunately all I have to do is reopen the Synergy app on my main nodeĀ and it usually switches back.

@krizzo I haven't had any success with Windows 10 and Fedora 27 with the default Gnome Desktop, I think due to Wayland issues.Ā  Which desktop are you using on Fedora?

FWIW I totally agree that auto switching is a big negative.Ā  As is the need to contact the cloud at all during normal use - roll onĀ  version 2.1!

Edited by BMacDonald
GranPaSmurf

yeah, the automatic switching serverĀ bugs me too. so far I've been able to live with it, but for me, it's a negative. In fact, I can't imagine a case when it's positive.

Edited by GranPaSmurf