Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Multiple IPs and other issues.

Hello,

First time posting on this forum. I tried doing the search for answers but with no luck. All systems are running the 2.0.5 Synergy version. 

Setup at home:

Windows(Keyboard/mouse) <-> Ubuntu <-> Mac Laptop 

Setup at work:

Ubuntu(Keyboard/Mouse) <-> Mac Laptop

The Laptop is the same system. It travels from home to work and back. All other systems are stationary. When I run the Latptop from home I VPN into work. When at work my laptop gets assigned many IPs (4 IPV4 addresses and 8 IPV6 addresses). Synergy 2 has worked correctly exactly once at home and once at work.

Problems at home:

I've tried restarting synergy on all three platforms. Same result. I have tried rebooting the laptop but not the windows box or linux system. I've got working going on there and it's not an option at this time. 

* My Ubuntu box at home will often take over as the "share from ..". This is a problem because the ubuntu box doesn't have a mouse/keyboard attached. Oddly this doesn't happen at work. Both ubuntu systems are 16.04.3 LTS. Maybe it's because the Ubuntu box at work has is the "share from.."? On the windows system I have to re-click the "share from.." option to pull the mouse back. This is very annoying when trying to cut and paste from one system to another. It seems to lose the clipboard when the primary system swaps. Is there a way to lock the keyboard/mouse "share from.." to a system? Prevent it from bouncing around?

* I get a lot of disconnects on the windows box and laptop. Clicking the "retry" fixes the windows system every time. The Mac looks to resume but still the mouse won't enter the screen. 

* On the Ubuntu system I get a warning every few hours that "Synergy has crashed." Do I want to restart it/report it?. I just close the warning. Synergy is running fine. Maybe it just restarts?

* Even when I could get the mouse across all three systems the Mac always showed the Ubuntu box as trying to connect. (Green bar doing it's constant cylon eye imitation). 

Problems at work:

* Same restart warning from my ubuntu box. Doesn't seem as often.. but it's hard to tell.

* Both the Laptop and the Ubuntu box will see 2 Laptops under different names. I've been able to purge them all and only one returns. then things worked fine. Next time I tried this it wouldn't connect. Maybe the ability to lock Synergy to a single IP would help this issue.

Thanks for reading.

-Matt