Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Client sometimes takes over

Synergy 2.0.5 doesn't stick to the computer that control is being "shared from." When the other computer has mouse and keyboard activity it sometimes takes over for some reason on its own.
How do i keep the client from stealing control from the server computer?

GranPaSmurf

Yeah, it bugs me too. The automatic switching of the server is kinda' cool to watch when I accidentally bump one of my backup keyboards, but in my arrangement, it's sort of a solution without a problem. Answer without a question.

8 hours ago, GranPaSmurf said:

Yeah, it bugs me too. The automatic switching of the server is kinda' cool to watch when I accidentally bump one of my backup keyboards, but in my arrangement, it's sort of a solution without a problem. Answer without a question.

If this is intended behavior the Synergy 2 is ruined for me. 
Guess I'm going back to 1.8.

I'm currently being plagued by the same behavior. I'm using 2.0 between a Windows desktop (server) and Ubuntu laptop (client), and every time I need to use the laptop I need to open the Synergy application and right-click + choose "Share from [desktop]" on my desktop computer. Unfortunately this is a deal-breaker for me and I'll be seeking a refund if a simple "Always share from this computer" setting won't be added.

I found another thread where it was said to be planned for 2.1 but i find it crazy that 2.0 launched without it. This is completely broken for me.
Seems pretty simple to be able to have a setting "make primary" which syncs to not do the update loop on the movement of mouse or keyboard.

Edited by Krylic
  • Like 1