Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Cannot Change Setup

Anthony EP Hill
I have put the wrong IP address on the client computer and cannot change it, whatever I do. I even uninstalled it and cleaned out my registry. When I download again, setup is picking up the incorrect information, and will not allow me to change. How do I correct this problem? I paid for the PRO version but I am not getting a response from an email request for support. Thanks
  • 2 weeks later...
Brian Madigan
I have the same problem. I don't know where (on Mac) Synergy is saving its configuration. I have a local synergy.conf in my home dir. section: screens bmadigan-mbp.duncllc.com: bmadigan: end section: links bmadigan-mbp.duncllc.com: up = bmadigan bmadigan: down = bmadigan-mbp.duncllc.com end synergy says it's using this file, but the FATAL error shows that it's attempting to use a screen that's not in the config. the screen bmadigan-mbp.local was in an older config. NOTE: starting server NOTE: config file: /Users/bmadigan/synergy.conf NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: drag and drop enabled FATAL: unknown screen name `bmadigan-mbp.local' NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process It looks like Synergy is storing a cached config elsewhere and failing to delete it.
Brian Madigan
I've deleted all of the old Synergy.app files and re-installed Synergy from the dmg file. Still getting the wrong configuration. So where is it storing this cached config?
I'm guessing Anthony is using Windows. Cleaning out the registry should have worked. I would want to see more details before guessing at what's happening there. Brian - Synergy stores its settings in OSX's built-in settings cache system. It's called "Defaults" - which, the generic name makes it really difficult to find information on. I've heard of a few people who have had the issue where settings changes don't get saved. I have no idea why that happens. Often, clearing OSX's defaults entries for Synergy will get it to work again. Apple doesn't provide a GUI based way to do this, so we have to go to the Terminal. Here is the command: defaults delete com.http-synergy-project-org.Synergy Note that this command does not use sudo (some users do it out of habit). Be sure to reboot after running this to clear it out of the OSX cache.