Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 Basic was working, now it has stopped working

Program was working great (in spite the lack of any options or settings).  Then I overclocked my other PC, and flashed the bios.  I'm back in windows but it doesn't have both computers displayed anymore.  I reinstalled Synergy 2 basic ver 2.0.6 on both pcs.  still doesn't work.   The other pc is connected to the internet just fine (the one I overclocked).  the only other thing I changed was I installed malwarebytes on it.  But I have uninstalled it since.  

Every once in a while on both the Synergy 2 config panels it said something about unable to run background service.  Anyways... i'm signed in to symless on both pcs... not sure what to do at this point.  Installation and setup was easy the first time.  But now not sure what to do to trouble shoot being that there are literally no options in the config.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe uninstall again?  CClean registry and restart then reinstall?  thanks.

Having the same issue. Synergy 2 Pro just stopped working completely.

Have a windows desktop PC and A MacBook Pro 2017 13" with external screen.

On the mac there used to be 3 synergy services running but now there is only 2

Running High Sierra and Windows 10 Enterprise and as of this morning Synergy 2.0.6 doesn't work. It worked just fine yesterday though!? Synergy Support, can we get some update on this please? 

AlexClander

Having the same issue.

Windows 10 x64 updated to latest version on 2 computers.

Both displaying the same message about being unable to run the background process.

Previous version 2.0.5 was working (more or less, constant timeouts with same setup)

If you press the ~  (tilde key) when you're in the config, it shows a log file.    Also if you go to C:\ProgramData\Symless\Synergy\synergy-combined.log you can see the errors.   (ProgramData is a hidden folder you have to change those folder options to see it.)

Anyways... glad I'm not the only one having a problem.  I though I royally #(@# something.  I see in the logs there is an authentication system, and they must be having some server errors on their side.

2 minutes ago, bl8rnr said:

Works here as well. The whole have to be online things sucks a bit.

Yea, and this event really showcases why. Fortunately, they've already stated that offline-mode will be available in 2.1, which they are working on.

6 minutes ago, Jig said:

Yea, and this event really showcases why. Fortunately, they've already stated that offline-mode will be available in 2.1, which they are working on.

Looking forward to that. It works great for the most part, but using it at work these little issues can be annoying sometimes.

AlexClander
45 minutes ago, AlexClander said:

Having the same issue.

Windows 10 x64 updated to latest version on 2 computers.

Both displaying the same message about being unable to run the background process.

Previous version 2.0.5 was working (more or less, constant timeouts with same setup)

Solved the issue after restarting and reinstalling.