Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Older Version Download

Hi there all!

I was wondering if someone has any idea from where is it possible to download Synergy older versions like 2.0.5. that worked just fine.

Thanx for the help

Alex Kisiel

Also having the same issue here on 2xWIN 10 machines after updating to 2.0.6. Neither machine recognises the other, have been through all the standard restart services/clean reinstall steps and still no luck. 

I've been enjoying Synergy so far. Is there any chance of a download for the 2.0.5 version in the interim? I use Synergy for work, and I have now had to revert to standing up and swapping the keyboard and mouse over to my second machine every 15 minutes or so. 

Unfortunately as long as 2.0.6. does not provide me the same workflow that 2.0.5. I will still want to use the 2.0.5. even though it is "older" but it works.

What I have seen here at the forum in this topic and outside this one is that in matter of minutes several people replied with a system error issue same as mine. I did purchase the software to use it and not to test it :) just saying.... 

22 minutes ago, Nick Bolton said:

Sorry about that! Most users so far have reported an improvement, so it’s really strange that 2.0.6 is actually worse for you. Could you contact support? https://symless.com/contact/customer-support

GranPaSmurf

Synergy 2.06 was released Monday. So far, with 2 startups and several hours of use, it is working perfectly. I haven't had to open the UI on any of the 4 computers.

• 3 weeks later...
anotherandrew

Could we PLEASE get an easy and not involving another human way of downloading previous versions?  2.0.7 is not working on OSX and now instead of being able to easily download the previous version we have to beg someone for a link? 

Yes, I'll open a support ticket but your customers need to be able to upgrade and downgrade at will, at any hour!

GranPaSmurf

Well, yeah, I've wanted to do that too. But I'd not hold my breath if I were you

Edited by GranPaSmurf
anotherandrew

Agreed; I've reverted to 1.8 and will stay there. It's frustrating because I understand that symless is trying to monetize their hard work but this cloud bullsh*t is the wrong direction entirely. I paid for synergy and would be happy to pay an annual fee as long as it did NOT rely on cloud anything other than the check if I'm paid up. If the cloud isn't available it should not lock me out unless it hasn't been available for 7 days or something. This is ridiculous. Not having a simple link to every older version without having to go through human support is ridiculous. Not having clear, concise documentation of ALL the config file options and examples for a paid application is ridiculous. I'm done.

Uninstalled 2.0, installed 1.8 and was up and running in exactly ten minutes.