Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Setup Failed

Anthony EP Hill
I have posted this in the General folder, but then discovered this one... here is my post... I have put the wrong IP address on the client computer and cannot change it, whatever I do. I even uninstalled it and cleaned out my registry. When I download again, setup is picking up the incorrect information, and will not allow me to change. How do I correct this problem? I paid for the PRO version but I am not getting a response from an email request for support. Thanks
  • 1 month later...
@Anthony EP Hill I saw the post in other forum, and we're still waiting for more details to t-shoot. Has this been resolved? We would need to know: Synergy version on each system, OS version on each system, any non-default settings (anything changed since installing Synergy), the steps you try to change the IP address, and the contents of your Synergy log while log level is set at least to "Debug."
Ben Koenig
Hey guys. Brian is right about those details. To find the solution we need to check off some possible causes. It's the little things that help everyone get a better idea of why this is happening. After OS versions, a good place to start looking is which computer is the server/client and are they set as such. When in server mode the client settings are greyed out so keep an eye out!