Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Laggy, losing connection, making my wifi go nuts

I. Am. Done.

I work in IT (15 years) as a systems engineer so I know my way around this gizmo known as a computer. As such, I've spent a decent amount of money on various apps, etc. over the years that help me do my job (or rather should) but aren't actually supported by my company (Synergy, RoyalTS, etc.). That being said, Synergy 2.0 has turned out to be the biggest waste of $15 for me. I could have had two Wendy's meals with that ****. Or two tanks of gas for my motorcycle which equals like 300 miles of fun and bliss!

Before people dismiss this as a typical rant around here...I got in on the ground floor of 2.0 with the beta's (even before the RC's)...all the way through 2.0.6. I was even involved in helping others troubleshoot in the early stages. I tried. I tried so hard. But I'm done. Synergy 2.0 is an absolutely garbage product. Every update makes it worse.

My experiences with 2.0 (especially the later releases that are supposed to be 'stable') have been laggy, randomly losing connection, issues with it making my wifi go nuts and my RDP sessions to work servers on my laptop laggy as a result, bad skype calls at work because it's doing who knows what behind the scenes.

Went back to 1.8.8 and this thing runs like freakin butter. Not so much as a frame drop on my laptop. When I click something, that something happens.

Keep my money (you obviously need it to hire a better developer) but I'll be using 1.8.8 until it won't work anymore. Not looking back.

Actually, you will. It's neither obscene nor personally abusive - and incidentally, raises some good points. Just took me a little while to get to this.

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
5 hours ago, Ilya said:

have been laggy, randomly losing connection, issues with it making my wifi go nuts and my RDP sessions to work servers on my laptop laggy as a result, bad skype calls at work because it's doing who knows what behind the scenes.

Sorry about that.

What OSes are you using? Let us know which OS you're sharing your mouse and keyboard from.

p.s. Hope you don't mind, I edited your title so people can see what the post is about.

25 minutes ago, Nick Bolton said:

Sorry about that.

What OSes are you using? Let us know which OS you're sharing your mouse and keyboard from.

p.s. Hope you don't mind, I edited your title so people can see what the post is about.

Both of my machines are Windows 10 64-Bit. Desktop is Pro, work laptop is Enterprise N.