Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Moving my mouse in game will alt tab me

When I'm playing a game (Fortnite for example) if I try to look to the left my mouse just goes into my second computer. Is there a way to lock it so when I'm playing games it doesn't go to the other PC unless the game isn't in focus or something?

GranPaSmurf

In earlier versions, there was an F12 function that would lock to a screen. I think that is not a feature in version 2.06. I expect that will be among the options available in Synergy 2.1

Davewill

Interesting. ScrollLock works if my keyboard is connected to my Windows machine, but not if connected to my Mac. Of course the actual Mac keyboard doesn't have scrolllock. What key works from a Mac?

stuart macmillan

I’m not sure about Mac I’m afraid but from the few posts I’ve read it doesn’t have scroll lock so can’t be done. 2.1 should have key mapping so you will be able to set it to a function key.

Is there any reason you don’t want to use the windows machine as the server?

Davewill

I was more curious about whether the feature was accessible from a Mac server than in need of it. If I really needed it I could indeed shift to the Windows PC, although the Mac is my main workhorse, so it's more convenient to keep it as the server. Also, the Windows 10 machine doesn't seem to make as good a server, with some jerky mouse movements at times.

• Like 1