Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Hotkey switching between clients/server

Hi;

Is there a way to switch not by mouse movement to edge, but by a key combination?

I have a use case where I have a computer where I'd like to lock the input unless I am absolutely sure I want to change it (e.g. hotkey); I want to prevent accidental activation.

Is this possible in Synergy 2, or planned? I purchased the pro version mainly to support the developers; it needs work, I am hoping this will be possible.

Steve

• Like 1
GranPaSmurf

the next version, it should drop sometime this week, has a tray icon with the ability to disable/enable by computer. Maybe that will be what you are looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
adam.prescott

I'm in the same boat with this.

I recently purchased a Logitech MX Master S2 which supports Logitech Flow, in addition to this, I also use a custom keyboard which means I can't really take advantage of Flow. The nice thing about it is that by moving to the edge of the screen it changes the channel on the mouse this allows it to connect as a "local" device, providing native performance.

It'd be nice to have the ability to use these two together where I can just use a keyboard shortcut to switch it over.

• Like 1

what I had done with Synergy 1 was
- alt-shift-A to jump to the screen on my left, ONLY when on the computer on the right;
- alt-shift-D to jump to the computer on the right, ONLY when on the computer on the left;

these config were available and provides much flexibility;
I was surprised that these were nowhere to be found on Synergy2 !synergy1-hotkey.thumb.jpg.0a3cafccf4cdbf2c435d85619964d2fb.jpg

GranPaSmurf

Yeah, I remember using the hot-keys. I only set one, and now I can't remember what it was.

As of this moment, Synergy 2.0 is intended to be a self-configuring utility. Install it and forget it. 

The designation 2.0 implies it's more configurable, 'tweak-able' than the previous. The version that will probably be more of what you expect will be version 2.1 that is still a few months away. The promise is that it will give the IT professionals and the Power Users more personalization.

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...

I don't know if this is still relevant, but you can turn on "Scroll Lock" on your keyboard and it will prevent the mouse from moving off the edge to other computers.
I use this plus set hotkeys for switch to screen: control + F1-5 for mmorpg gaming.