Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Server core process: Can't find screen:

TheFacelessMan

So I've been trying to get Synergy 2.0 to work since its inception and still haven't gotten anywhere.

Log:

[ Service ] [2018-03-12T09:45:02] info: starting service...
[ Router  ] [2018-03-12T09:45:02] debug: binding to 0.0.0.0:24802
[ Router  ] [2018-03-12T09:45:02] debug: Initialized
[ Service ] [2018-03-12T09:45:02] debug: creating rpc endpoints
[ Service ] [2018-03-12T09:45:02] debug: rpc endpoints created
[ Config  ] [2018-03-12T09:45:05] debug: connected to background service
[ Config  ] [2018-03-12T09:45:05] debug: saying hello to background service
[ Service ] [2018-03-12T09:45:05] debug: saying hello to config ui
[ Service ] [2018-03-12T09:45:06] info: Tray process connected
[ Config  ] [2018-03-12T09:45:06] debug: new added screen pos: 257 161
[ Service ] [2018-03-12T09:45:06] error: can't send profile snapshot, not yet received from cloud
[ Config  ] [2018-03-12T09:45:08] debug: current version is update to date
[ Service ] [2018-03-12T09:45:10] debug: starting core server process
[ Service ] [2018-03-12T09:45:10] debug: starting core process with command: C:\Program Files\Synergy\synergy-core.exe --server -f --debug DEBUG --name ** --enable-drag-drop --profile-dir C:\Users\**\AppData\Local\Symless\Synergy --log C:\ProgramData\Symless\Synergy\synergy-core.log -c C:\Users\**\AppData\Local\Symless\Synergy\synergy.conf --address 127.0.0.1:24800
[ Service ] [2018-03-12T09:45:10] error: failed to start server core process: Can't find screen: **
[ Config  ] [2018-03-12T09:45:10] warning: sharing from computer that is not connected
[ Config  ] [2018-03-12T09:45:12] info: Sending log file...

I redacted my computer name since I don't want to Doxx myself.

I've tried restarting both instances of the program via Services -> restart. I've also always updated to the latest version of Synergy, but it still fails to do anything. No other screens show on the dashboard.

I'm running Windows 10 professional and Windows 10 Home respectively.

GranPaSmurf

Version 2.07 just became available for download. Let's get you to the current version and go from there.

Please do a clean install: remove the existing Synergy apps by using Windows UnInstall. Then download 2.07 and let's see where we are.

TheFacelessMan
1 hour ago, GranPaSmurf said:

Version 2.07 just became available for download. Let's get you to the current version and go from there.

Please do a clean install: remove the existing Synergy apps by using Windows UnInstall. Then download 2.07 and let's see where we are.

I downloaded 2.0.7 right before I posted this thread. However, I did as you said and uninstalled the instance of Synergy and reinstalled. I'm still getting the same errors in the log that I posted previously.

TheFacelessMan

I'm submitting a support post now. Let it be known that I did black bar out my computer on that screencap, but I idiotically didn't black bar the computer name at the top. lol. Go figure.

Ryan Waggoner

Just came to say identical issue. Just downloaded and installed 2.0.7-stable.

New machine, after getting past  the installer that required me to close my calculator, I now have the same UI with the same logs.

Also Windows 10.

Edited by Ryan Waggoner
GranPaSmurf

Ouch!

I am lost on this, as are a couple of the other moderators. Did you send the log to support yet? It's still a couple of hours before they will look at it.

Ryan Waggoner

@TheFacelessMan

I just uninstalled, deleted all folders that were named 'Symless' or 'Synergy', then deleted all registry entries under 
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Symless
And
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synergy

Restarted, reinstalled, and seems better.

• Like 1
GranPaSmurf

Glad to hear that!

give it a little time. dunno why but each new installation needs to 'settle down' for a few minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
Brian Meehan

Removing the ProgData and Program File directors for Symless and Synergy as well as any registry entries AFTER an uninstall, then rebooting and reinstalling did the trick. 

I downloaded V2 beta quite a while back and could not get to work so perhaps there were files left over from that install that led to compatibility. 

Or maybe is just my haunted computer. 

• Thanks 1
GranPaSmurf

9_9

haunted?! I've got a couple of those...

Glad you managed. Yeah, Those leftover files play heck with the new installation.