Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2.0.7 is ready!

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Good news, Synergy 2.0.7 is here! Many people will be happy to see the new tray icon, and of course, we've fixed a few bugs too. To see everything that's new in 2.0.7, check out the release notes.

garbageaccount

i still get some wonky mouse movement (may be the drifting bug your referring to) when using my naga as the host and moving it over to my laptop.  I can move it and if travels further on its own.  Like its on ice almost.  Was hoping it was fixed but you singled out "mac" which I am not :P

In addition, the "fixed a bug where a computer shows as offline on the config screen" still seems to be broken.  (assuming its the same bug)

my #2/middle pc shows as offline perpetually fwiw.  Again was hoping this release would have fixed that but i digress.

On my main pc the mouse courser keeps jumping to the middle of the screen every couple seconds and won't share to any of my other computers.  My second pc will share to my main pc but not the other way.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same thing.  It's now disabled for the time being.

garbageaccount

in case theres a correlation.  the pc that shows up as offline is also the only pc that wont go to sleep without synergy interference.

above my pay grade :P

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
9 hours ago, klepp0906 said:

fixed a bug where a computer shows as offline on the config screen

Perhaps this was bad wording. We made this much less likely to happen, but there are still some cases where it can show offline (even though it's online). We're working on the issue that causes this.

9 hours ago, klepp0906 said:

wonky mouse movement

This is probably the macOS ping spike issue, could you take a look at this article to see if it's the same case? 

https://symless.com/help/mac-wifi-lag

garbageaccount

Hi nick - thanks for the reply. 

Not positive it’s the “ping spike” issue but it could be. 

I say this two reasons. 1) it’s not on WiFi - they’re all hardwired ala cat6.  

2) the mouse doesn’t seem jumpy or choppy, it literally moves at a different speed or keeps moving After I stop. Just long enough to make it feel unsynced or something. 

To be fair - the laptop is substantially lower in spec than the other two PCs running synergy but that hadn’t effected it with the Old synergy. 

Perhaps im just interpreting it differently. 

Either way - like most, impatiently waiting for new releases :)

Edited by klepp0906
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
1 hour ago, klepp0906 said:

2) the mouse doesn’t seem jumpy or choppy, it literally moves at a different speed or keeps moving After I stop. Just long enough to make it feel unsynced or something. 

Ah, doesn't sound like either issue in that case. Is it possible for you to make a video? Perhaps use your phone so we can see what the physical mouse is doing as well as the mouse cursor?

Been here for a while now, glad to see the updates coming at a steady pace. Only gripe right now, and honestly something I personally find urgent is some kind of notification when there's an update. I've always been a little late to catch when there's an updated, and sometimes i forget to update one of the four computers i have connected so i lose track!

Otherwise thank you so much for the ability to disable synergy! Though I haven't tested it out yet, it was impossible to play any kind of game with the background process running, since you'd get tabbed out, and closing the background process before was true hell aha. So hopefully this solves that! Maybe add for the feature to set a custom key-bind to disable/enable as well.

Till next time! Best of luck guys!

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 15/03/2018 at 3:27 AM, MBektic said:

notification when there's an update

We do have an issue for this on the backlog, it’s high priority. However, wouldn’t auto-update be even cooler? ?

garbageaccount
On 3/14/2018 at 7:57 AM, Nick Bolton said:

Ah, doesn't sound like either issue in that case. Is it possible for you to make a video? Perhaps use your phone so we can see what the physical mouse is doing as well as the mouse cursor?

Just wanted to get back to ya rq. (It’s been hectic sorry for the delay)

turns out the wonky mouse behavior I’ve been seeing is due to synergy literally pushing the CPU on the laptop up to full load. 

Surprising. I mean it’s an old laptop (think intel e series era) but it’s a fresh windows install. 

Doubt much can be done on my end eh? And I assume the same could potentially be said about yours?

also wanted to ask if a “wake from sleep” functionality could be added when the mouse reaches its border?  I’ve either been stuck turning around or opening TeamViewer to turn on other PCs. Neither is ideal but it’s what I got atm :)

• Nick Bolton unpinned this topic