Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Configure monitor connections with Synergy 2

I have two monitors on my Mac Pro with the dock hidden on the right. My Ubuntu monitor is physically off the lower right hand corner. With Synergy 1 I was able to fine tune the right Mac monitor connection with the Ubuntu monitor to a small range, but Synergy 2 seems to "know better" and won't let me make the connection the size I want (which is actually different on the two machines because one has two monitors and Synergy' model appears to view all the monitors as the same size.)

Is there a config file somewhere that I can use to clean up this "helpfulness"?

Oh and while I'm on the subject - what ever happened to the switching delay? It is instantaneous now, which is very unhelpful if one is using a window that is flush with a remote monitor.

Edited by Hawkfish
GranPaSmurf

Not yet. The configuration page is planned for version 2.1, still a few months away.

You can't resize the screen displays, but you can offset them. Just about any arrangement wor, 

The delay for switching will probably be addressed in version 2.1.

Be sure you start a support ticket. That way, your issues get in front of a developer sooner than posts here.

OK, I'll do that if I can find the ticket page...

What about the fact that it STILL doesn't seem to allow my Windows box to put up a lock screen? This is a serious issue in my workplace. I upgraded to v2 in the hopes that it would fix problems like that, but it has mostly just made my life worse.

(Oh and then there was the small Ubuntu upgrade nightmare involving missing qt packages...)

GranPaSmurf

Not yet. The configuration page is planned for version 2.1, still a few months away.

You can't resize the screen displays, but you can offset them. Just about any arrangement wor, 

The delay for switching will probably be addressed in version 2.1.

Be sure you start a support ticket. That way, your issues get in front of a developer sooner than posts here.

Thanks - I've reported both issues.

The configuration piece is mostly an annoyance - the Windows lock screen problem is a real problem. My company security team needs us to lock our machines and some Synergy release broke this last year. I've tried the powercfg fix suggested here but it had no effect even after a reboot. I was hoping that S2 was a technical fix and would deal with this problem since they seem to be trying to sell into the enterprise these days, but apparently not.

Davewill
On 3/23/2018 at 9:59 AM, Hawkfish said:

OK, I'll do that if I can find the ticket page...

What about the fact that it STILL doesn't seem to allow my Windows box to put up a lock screen? This is a serious issue in my workplace. I upgraded to v2 in the hopes that it would fix problems like that, but it has mostly just made my life worse.

(Oh and then there was the small Ubuntu upgrade nightmare involving missing qt packages...)

You can lock it manually. Synergy won't let you do the keyboard methods, but you can create a shortcut on the desktop. Right click on an empty area of the desktop, Choose new->shortcut, then enter "rundll32.exe user32.dll LockWorkStation" as the command line. Double click it and it will lock the workstation. Not as good as automatic locking, but better than nothing. 

1 minute ago, Davewill said:

You can lock it manually. Synergy won't let you do the keyboard methods, but you can create a shortcut on the desktop. Right click on an empty area of the desktop, Choose new->shortcut, then enter "rundll32.exe user32.dll LockWorkStation" as the command line. Double click it and it will lock the workstation. Not as good as automatic locking, but better than nothing. 

Thanks for responding. Another way to fix the problem is to uninstall v2 and reinstall v1.9!