Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

My to computer can't find each other.

Back to last year, five months ago, I bought Synergy2 at discount price and it's not working at all, I think it's in the very early beta phase so that's fine and just delete it.

But when I trying to use it again today, my two computer still can't find each other.

I have one Win10 Pro 64bit PC and one MacBook Pro 2015 running 10.13.3, Synergy2 can be installed and run with no problem, they have good Internet connection and even in the same LAN.

Here is logs of two computer,

Win10 PC: https://synergy-logs.symless.com/061bb0d21af25c20142bc3c26ed3d33b/logs/5841-2018-03-25T15-31-22.log

MBP: https://synergy-logs.symless.com/32debda98737dd4e266d1cc2acf62edc/logs/52471-2018-03-25T15-31-28.log

Please help me, thanks!

Sorry, I'm not sure how can I edit the post so I add the update here.

I found that the computer icon in Synergy2 on Win10 PC is not green, but it's green on the Mac, so I'm thinking the one on PC is not login to Synergy server,

but I can't find anywhere to enter account and password, I reinstall it(v2.0.7) but still the same. Please help me, thanks.

GranPaSmurf

SKY,

But is Synergy working? I mean the cursor and keyboard moving to the other machine? Sometimes , I think it's only on Win10, the UI image stays dark and the 'searching' bar is active, but it works. That IU issue is a known bug that's kinda' down the priority list.

But if it's not working, I'd to a clean uninstall and re-install Synergy on the Win10. Let's see what happens.

@GranPaSmurf Thanks for the reply,

I try to move the cursor to every edge on both computers and it does not work, and my Mac still shows "Next step: install Synergy 2 on another computer".

Since the computer icon on Mac is green and grey on PC, also, when I submit a support ticket, I can only find log upload by Mac although I have upload logs from both computers,

so I think it's Win10 side problem indeed.

Synergy on Win10 not asking me for Synergy account and password, even after I clean uninstall and re-install, I think maybe this is the main problem, I think I have not been logged in on PC at all, is there any way I can find a place to log in on PC?

GranPaSmurf

Describe to me the steps you did to totally remove the existing Synergy from your Win10 before you did a reinstall

I have tried restart the synergy service, also tried restart the computer, doesn't work, haha.

so may I ask, when you use Synergy2 on Win10, should it pop up a login window at first time? is there a way to log out if I want to re-login?

I think my PC is just not login properly, maybe when I login five months ago I have the different password and it's been recorded somewhere on my PC, so now it can't login successfully?this is just my guess, I need a way to re-login to confirm. 

--

Just see your new reply, I uninstall it by uninstall it in App&feature(in Win10 setting).

Edited by SKY
GranPaSmurf

I'm familiar with the screen you are talking about. Usually on a new installation, you get a browser screen pop-up that validates the installation and sends you back to Synergy.

When you go to 

can you log in to your account?

I can login on the website, also, when I finished installation on Mac, it does pop-up browser and ask me to login like you said, and I can login on the Mac with no problem.

So I think it's because I have login five months ago (when I just bought it) on PC, and maybe I have changed password after that, so my PC still recorded wrong password and keep using it to login, so I can't use it.

Today I have install it on PC (and uninstall it) twice, and it not ask me to enter account and password at all. I think I really need a way to re-enter my password on PC.

GranPaSmurf

yeah, Synergy saves valid login info. I have no idea where that file might be. Here are 2 ideas:

1. Synergy version 2.08 is due to drop in the next day or so. I'd thoroughly un-install Synergy from both machines and wait for the new version. Since it's not working for you now, you aren't losing any capability.
  2. Please understand, I'm not suggesting you install a new program on your computer, I'm only sharing what works for me:
    There are several add-ons that do a really deep cleaning when you un-install a program from Windows.They find and remove EVERYTHING left over from anything you have installed on Windows.  The one I have used for years on multiple computers is Revo Uninstaller
     https://www.revouninstaller.com/  
    They have a free version. So if you are spending your Sunday morning just messing around with your computers and want to solve this for your own satisfaction while you're at it, you might try Revo or another similar utility. Then re-download the msi from Symless and start fresh.
  • Like 1

Got it!

I'll wait for the next version of Synergy2 and dev's reply to my support ticket for now, then if I have to, I'll try third-party cleanning app.

Thank you very much!