Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

CPU is used with 25%

CloudUser
Hello, Windows 8 64Bit Normal User, no Admin Synergy 1.7.3 After starting and login the PC the synergyd.exe use 25% of CPU time. If I start the tray icon via programms the usage went down to 1%. Any idea? The CloudUser
jeremiah lange
I have the same issue on both my win 8.1 machines. When using the service (even restarting the service in services panel) I get consistant cpu usage between 10-25%, my fans run on high non stop, kills battery when im not plugged in. But if I open the synergy app and click stop/start, cpu usage sinks to a maximum of 0.5% (but usually reads 0%). If I check back on the services panel, I see Synergy is still "Running" as a service, but no massive cpu usage. Seems like something strange with the service... Running 1.7.3.
Colin Sanders
Same issue now on XP (God forbid - yes STILL XP) and windows 7 boxes but thanks to the tip I see the same behavior. Stop/Start the client and the synergyd daemon goes back to negligible CPU. Ugly ! Needs to be fixed ASAP but at least there is a partial workaround. You can always use a script or something like WinAutomation [url]http://www.winautomation.com/[/url] to do the stop-start on startup
Rob Fisher
I have the same thing on Windows 7. It is making the fan on my new laptop run all the time. I also explains why I got such poor battery life yesterday (I was expecting better from this laptop). I tried rebooting and stop/starting the service but it was still stuck on 25%. Then I tried the stop/start buttons on the GUI and that seemed to work, so many thanks to CloudUser and jeremiah for figuring that out. I'm on version 1.7.4 cbd63e9 which I seemed to need to work around an SSL problem with my Linux server. Edit: If I close the GUI with the red X, the Synergy icon goes away from the sytem tray. Then as soon as I move the mouse to back to the server's screen, CPU usage on the client is back up to 25%. If I close the GUI with Window/hide, the Synergy icon stays in the system tray and the CPU usage remains negligible.
James Ayton
I am having this problem as well with two Windows 7 machines. One of them is on battery and needs to last all day. I am going to have to roll back to 1.6.x.
  • 2 weeks later...
Will Marler
Easy workaround (if you can't be bothered to read the linked thread) is to open the Synergy UI into the foreground. CPU usage plummets.