Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

(Win + L) and (Ctrl + Alt + Del) not working

Host computer is running Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64-bit, client machine running Windows 10 64-bit.

I work in a professional environment, so sometimes I need to lock my machine. Neither (Windows + L) or (Ctrl + Alt + Del) is working on the client Windows 10 machine.  It would be great if this could get added.

Thanks.

GranPaSmurf

Good points.

No matter what machine you are actually using, Cntr+Alt+Delete only activates on the server computer.

I always just accepted it; I never thought about asking for it to be a feature request.

GranPaSmurf

I'm still thinking about this. You know what? the PrtSc availability follows the mouse to client machines. Ctrl+Alt+Del should be able to also.

UniTrader

problem with [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] is that this combination is probably captured by the OS of the Server before Synergy has any chance to see it... maybe solve this like Virtual Machine Software (which has the same "issue") and provide an alternative Combination to send this Combination to the current Client.. for examlpe [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Ins]

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 4/6/2018 at 7:55 PM, UniTrader said:

alternative Combination to send this Combination to the current Client.. for examlpe [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Ins]

Is that not working for you? If not, it's a bug. Sadly there's not much we can do about Win+L, as Microsoft forbids it. Perhaps we could bind Alt+Win+L?

On 4/11/2018 at 3:46 AM, Nick Bolton said:

Is that not working for you? If not, it's a bug. Sadly there's not much we can do about Win+L, as Microsoft forbids it. Perhaps we could bind Alt+Win+L?

Thank you for taking the time to come in here and comment Nick. Unfortunately Ctrl+Alt+Delete has never worked in 2.0. This has also made me look like a fool in front of a client who I recommended your product too. They were excited to hear about the new version, bought it, and completely lost functionality instead of gaining additional features. This including the Ctrl+Alt+Delete unlock feature. Which in version 1.0, the key combination was Ctrl+Alt+Pause Break. 

I've been told multiple times 2.0 key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Insert but this never works. For users that use your production in a work setting, like my self and client, this is imperative to have in order to comply with our companies security policies. Please fix ASAP as we've purchased 2.0 back in November, and have not been able to use the product since.

Thank you