Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

How is version 2 even supposed to work?

GranPaSmurf

It looks like you're already familiar with version 2. Check out version 2.0.9.

Contact support with specific problems. 

SUPPORT  
Report your experience to support. Send logs from each machine. Trouble tickets drive development 
[email protected]

I suspect that version 2.1 will be closer to your expectations.

https://symless.com/forums/forum/18-feature-ideas

Synergy 2.1 is being developed, targeting IT and Power Users. There will be access to a console for administrative control of specific cases, but most users won't ever see it. Offline configuration is planned to be included.

GranPaSmurf
4 minutes ago, watorin said:

Installed v1 back immediately. I think paying for v2 was one of my most disappointing purchases ever. And yes, it says it's "stable". Like a joke.

Since you went back to version 1, you're not asking for help here on this version 2.x user forum, right?

• Sad 1

What I see is this is a "Synergy General Discussion" forum! It doesn't even says help forum!

Even if it's a Synergy2 help forum, I'm complaining about Synergy2 and how I'm not able to use it. Why do you think I went back to v1??

And lastly, why are you being rude?

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 14.12.57.png

Edited by watorin
  • Like 1
GranPaSmurf

Sometimes I can point users in the right direction to help with Synergy 2.x.x issues. I try to encourage users to submit a Support ticket so the issue will be in front of developers.

I and many others are using Synergy 2 successfully. If you have a question about getting your installation of Synergy 2 working smoothly for you too, I and many others on the forum are willing to take time to help you be 'able to use it.'

11 minutes ago, watorin said:

.., I'm complaining about Synergy2 and how I'm not able to use it.

Whoever does marketing, do they even consider the shortcomings of Synergy2? From the Synergy mass email from today:

We encourage all users to update to the latest version of Synergy to get the best possible experience. Click the Download button below to get started. 

Still using Synergy 1? Upgrade now to get access to the latest Synergy features.

Hell no. All this is known to be blatantly untrue.

29 minutes ago, GranPaSmurf said:

Sometimes I can point users in the right direction to help with Synergy 2.x.x issues. I try to encourage users to submit a Support ticket so the issue will be in front of developers.

That's not you were trying to tell me. You were basically telling me; get your problems and move away, this is not the correct place to discuss it. I didn't see any encouragement to submit my issue nor any guidance from your comment.

I and many others are using Synergy 2 successfully. If you have a question about getting your installation of Synergy 2 working smoothly for you too, I and many others on the forum are willing to take time to help you be 'able to use it.'

Software development doesn't work in that way. It's working fine for me and some other people so it must be okay. Wrong! There are quite a lot people complaining about it as far as I can see from the forums. I simply agreed with the original poster and described my problem. Maybe not in detail but there are no more details, it's simply not working. And the response I got from you is "you went back to v1 so stop complaining". This is the way you take your time and help?

I'm using Synergy to be more productive, not to be a beta tester. You're sending me an e-mail, telling me to upgrade it to the latest "stable" version as the comment above suggests and I'm ending with wasting my time to see it's failing once again and going back to previous version. Coming here and telling about the situation and one volunteer tells me this is not the correct place. As I said, like a joke! You would be more helpful if you didn't write anything at all because now I'm wasting more time to answer you. Which I will stop after this one. Now you can have the last word and satisfy yourself.

I agree completely. I keep trying v2 and it keeps disappointing me. Decided to try again today. I too had to follow the manual removal instructions before I could even get it installed and my two computers to "see" each other. Now all I see is two green boxes on each computer (so I assume they are communicating), but I have no ability to share keyboard/mouse, and there's absolutely no feedback or configuration options other than Share or Remove.

19 minutes ago, sholan said:

Indeed, you are right, that is why :

Is also part of software development.

When you come here crying "This software is shitty, its developpers are shitty, it was better before", you're just out of a normal software development scheme.
Have you ever tried to communicate with synergy teams in order to solve your issue ?

Or are you just circling in an infinite loop of :

• I install
  • I test
  • I don't think or interact with developpers
  • It doesn't work
  • I whine
  • I uninstall
  • I wait the next release
  • I start over

My first synergy 2 installation just astonished me, where were all my settings and complicated words ...
I came to the forum to search for documentation on how synergy 2 works and guess what, it just worked.

Edit :
Don't forget that a software developper (individuals or company) are affected by the biggest flow in computer since : there are humans in the process, therefor you can take your time to understand them and start interracting wisely even if they make mistakes.

I'm not sure how you're reading what I write but obviously you can't understand what you read.

I'm not a beta tester nor I'm using an open source software here. I paid for a software months ago and I want to use it. I'm not crying, I'm not whining, I'm just reflecting my disappointment about a paid software that is advertised as ready and stable. I didn't say even a single word about developers. I do understand they are working to make it better but why it's been advertised as a stable product? I'm having an email saying that we encourage you to use the latest and greatest but when I do that I'm ending up with a failure. That's my disappointment. And what I see from the forums, same or similar problems has been reported again and again, why would I report it again, what value it will add? 

I'm merely passing my opinion in a general discussion forum about the product and that's it, why do you guys are attacking me? One is telling me it works for him and this is not a place to discuss it, other one jumping on and teaching me what is a software development cycle. Such a lovely community!

I'm not sure my words were perfectly choosen, but I am sure that your behaviour is just useless.

I am sorry if you can't make it work and can't understand that some (most) commercial softwares are living the same way as OSS : being pulled up by their users.

I just noticed you used a nice sentence : "Such a lovely community" ... I am happy to know you're aware you're speaking to a community, now you should try to understand what it means.

Edited by sholan
main point enforcing
  • Thanks 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 4/11/2018 at 11:53 AM, watorin said:

I made a clean install (as described in this very forums and yes I even rebooted my computers) of v2.09 and even though this time I managed to see my computers on Synergy main screen (and that's all you can do there, just look at it) mouse or keyboard didn't work.

Sorry that you're having problems. Have you contacted our support team yet? https://symless.com/contact/customer-support

If you'd rather get help on the forums, please could you share your logs? Without logs, nobody can help you troubleshoot the issue.