Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Observations about 2.0.8 and 2.0.9 in a mixed mac-windows environment

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
11 hours ago, Robert Krpoun said:

Synergy starts flawlessly on the Macbook and the lag is Gone!

Thanks for sharing!

11 hours ago, Robert Krpoun said:

In other news, has anyone had any troubles with Synergy and Teamviewer not playing nice together?

What problem are you seeing with TeamViewer?

Robert Krpoun
4 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Thanks for sharing!

What problem are you seeing with TeamViewer?

Nothing I can put my finger on, but in the debugging I did before the update to 2.0.9, I had Teamviewer installed and it was randomly crashing, so I removed it.  I committed the debugger's worst crime by changing tooo many things at once.  My gut says TV was not the root problem, but I was just wondering if anyone else had issues.

Today I am going to put TV back on, so I guess we'll see!

17 hours ago, Robert Krpoun said:

In other news, has anyone had any troubles with Synergy and Teamviewer not playing nice together?

I have a Debian (client) + W10 (server) (digression #1 : can we still consider there is a server in synergy 2 ?) with teamviewer installed on both.
I havent had any issue with crashes of teamviewer even in 2.0.0

GranPaSmurf

Devs are saying that soon the download page will list several specific distros. That could be helpful here.

I've for a long time had severe mouse lag issues from Mac -> Mac.  It seems I still have them on 2.09. 

I also previously had lag issues going Mac -> Windows, though with this release, I am seeing much better performance.  Looking forward to the update that makes my Mac -> Mac setup work. :)

• Like 1
Conjugator

I am running Synergy 2.0.9 on two Win 7 Pro systems and one OSX 10.13.4.  They are all on the same subnet.  The operation between the two Windows machines seems flawless.  Add the Mac and all bets are off.  I can use the mouse and keyboard from the Windows machines, and they work across all three.  If I try to use the mouse on the Mac, it just doesn't work.

The firewall is OFF in all three computers.

I was hoping 2.0.9 would fix these issues, as I saw them in 2.0.8, too.  Am I missing something?

Conjugator

I logged out and logged in on the Mac, and things seems to start working.  I went to the .app file and took ownership, and changed permissions for myself and all admins to RW.  So, far, it's working.  I am cautiously optimistic.  But, something in the installation process needs improvement.

Conjugator
1 minute ago, sholan said:

btw @Conjugator, on which OS did you have issues with teamviewer ? Mac or win ?

The issues were on Mac.  Win was flawless.  After doing my permissions dance, it seems smooth.  Let's see where I am in a couple of days.

• Like 1