Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 - Raspberry Pi - installed but can not launch

revere521

I was able to install and meet the dependencies on my raspberry pi's but i am unable to launch the app. 

Is the command line similar like synergyc [ip], or synergy-core --client [ip] ?

I don't see the app in the GUI menu, so i am not sure how i can launch it

revere521

Never-mind, i reinstalled everything on both my pi's and re-downloaded the deb, and i'm all set now

must have missed something the first time

• Like 1

Glad it worked out, in case anyone was wondering and is new to Raspberry Pi , the synergy application file sits in '/usr/share/applications', you can launch it from there.

• Like 1
revere521

Thanks hjku,  I suppose i could ask for reference, would the command to run the app just be this then? 

/usr/share/applications/synergy

Is there a config file?  I ask because my Pi's are essentially just kiosks without mouse and keyboard (i had to open them up and attach a ketboard to do the initial setup) and it would be awesome if you could set a config, and run it for the first time from SSH. 

For Raspbian (stretch) there were some dependencies to install, so the process for me to get it working was: 

1. download the .deb on your pi (wget, through the gui, etc.) or on your PC and use Winscp and to place it on the Pi

2. dpkg the .deb  

sudo dpkg -i /path/to/deb.deb

3. Then use apt to try to fill in the missing dependencies

sudo apt-get -f install

4. I did have to manually install a few that either the dependency check misses or what-have-you: 

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libq5core5a libqt5svg5 libssl1.1 libstdc++6 qml-module-qtquick qml-module-qtquick-controls qml-module-qtquick-layouts qml-module-qtquick-dialogs 

5. Then for good measure run step 1 again, just to be sure..

Edited by revere521