Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

System tray unavailable. Quitting.

Vincent Ouwehand
My systems: [List=Server] [*]Fedora 21 64 bit [*]KDE [*]multi monitor through nvidia driver [*]Downgraded from 1.7.3 to 1.7.1 due to stability issues [/list] [List=Client] [*]KUbuntu 15.04 64 bit [*]PLASMA 5 KDE [*]Single monitor [*]Downgraded from 1.7.3 to 1.7.1 due to stability issues [/list] When i autostart Synergy client on my client i get the message "System tray unavailable. Quitting." When i then start the client again (manually obviously) it does start and it produces an icon in the system tray. Is this something on my system or can anyone confirm this issue? PS, i don't think BBCode is working on the forum
Vincent Ouwehand
New information. Updated my server to Fedora22 with KDE Plasma 5 as well. Same issue now on that machine as well. Seems to be a bug
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Craig Falconer
I have the same error message, running synergy 1.7.6 on Debian Jessie 64 bit. However I'm an old fart and have been running TWM for over 20 years. It really has no System Tray. Am I going to have to choose between my faithful window manager, and this most useful software ?
Craig Falconer
[quote="Craig Falconer"]I have been running TWM for over 20 years. It really has no System Tray. Am I going to have to choose between my faithful window manager, and this most useful software ?[/quote] Replying to oneself, that's a sign of old age. On the other hand, I found a dirty workaround that lets me keep running TWM and satisfies Synergy's requirement for a "system tray" On debian I did a "apt-get install xfce4-panel" and once installed I ran xfce4-panel & Then minimised the resulting toolbar thing - its ugly but it works for me.
  • 3 months later...
Mike Hart
I also have no system tray. Please fix synergy such that the server doesn't require such a trivial unnecessary thing. Edit- it appears you can call the synergy server, synergys, with the --no-tray argument. This requires a configuration file which must either be created by hand, or made with the synergy GUI. A little clunky, but this functionality does exist.