Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Unable to get connected

Hi,

I got a new laptop and thought well maybe the Synergy 2 will work already. No, just no. So back to Synergy 1.

And yes, I know that this doesn't help much and without the logs no one can help, but the 2 is supposed to be 100% seamless and it just works.
Well when it doesn't, how should I even be able to debug it? Didn't find much documentation, or anything?

Configuration was:
- Server: Windows 10 Pro.
- Client: Fedora 27.

What I looked at logs, it wanted to connect to some 169.254... link locals, (which I can see with synergy 1 also, but I control the client and make it connect to working address), but they don't really work in my network configuration. Linux doesn't know anything about that network. Well, then I tried to get it connect manually to the proper local 10.0.0.28, but don't know what was the next problem, server just seemed to close the connection, even with telnet, so not much luck with it. (Ps, yes, tried disabling firewall, nothing changed). 

So I'm not sure what the problems where, but at least it should prefer using local networks over link local networks, to be more seamless.

What I understood reading the forums in 2.1 we might be able to get some manual power to get that "seamless" thing to work like the old one?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Sorry that you're having problems. Have you contacted our support team yet? https://symless.com/contact/customer-support

If you'd rather get help on the forums, please could you share your log links for all computers? Without logs, nobody can help you troubleshoot the issue. Please make sure you share the log links, and don't paste the actual logs.

https://symless.com/forums/topic/3207-synergy-2-how-to-send-your-logs/

Hi,

No I haven't. I could provide the Linux logs, but for Windows, probably the uninstallation deleted them or can they be found somewhere? And trying it again isn't a thing I want to do. Synergy 1 works great, so I'll just try again later.

But at least the one problem was that the Linux was trying to connect those link local IP addresses, which won't work, Linux can't connect my Windows with those.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
14 hours ago, Jani said:

But at least the one problem was that the Linux was trying to connect those link local IP addresses

Don't worry about that; this is normal behavior. It tries to connect on all possible IPs until one of them works. There is no downside to doing this (other than producing confusing logs).

The issue is most likely that your config profile isn't syncing up properly between the two computers, which is the most common issue right now and we're working urgently to fix this.

However, the only way for us to know for sure is to see your log links, and without the log links, all we can do is speculate.