Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

File Drag and Drop/Clipboard Not Working

Justin Koehn
So i just purchased Synergy Basic and searched around for a resolution to this problem but cannot find a fix. Both server (windows 8) and client (OSX) are running version 1.7.3. My windows 8 machine has 3 monitors on it and the OSX machine is just a 27 inch iMac. When i try to copy and paste it doesn't work at all. When i try to drag a file from one computer to the other, it doesn't work. I've tried it both ways client->server and server->client. I turned logging up to Debug2 and i see when it starts up that in the log it says drag and drop enabled. The only error i see in the long list of messages in the log is "failed to get desktop path, no drop target available, error=2" I have tried rebooting of course, restarting services, tried elevated mode, etc... and nothing seems to help.
Anwar Maharban
My situation is exactly the same as Justin, from the version i bought to the issue he describes.. Are there some extra configuration lines we need to put in manually or something? A fix or solution for this issue would be really nice..
Justin Koehn
I've been trying to get info on the config file as well. I just tried rolling back to an older version, as well as getting version 1.7.4 off the nightly builds and it still isnt working. 29 days left for a refund haha. I REALLY want to get this working. It is one of the tentpole features on the front page and i expected this to work in some aspect. So far, nothing :-(