Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Background service problems

Hey there, ever since about a week ago I have been having problems with my synergy setup - Two windows 10 pc (laptop and desktop). Both were running 2.0.9 until yesterday when I updated them to 2.0.11, but the problem appears on both version. Synergy doesn't work and GUI is showing the error screenshot below. (There was a problem connecting to the background service)

Here are the logs: https://synergy-logs.symless.com/cfe9ce537ceb288bfab8ead763f822cc/logs/49554-2018-05-21T17-37-54.log

Up to now I have tried:

1. Shift+F5 as is suggested on the Help page
  2. Both computers cold rebooted
  3. Restarting / stopping and starting the service in services.msc
  4. Restarting my network
  5. Updating / reinstalling synergy

and I have now ran out of ideas, so that is why I'm asking here...

Výstřižek.PNG

Edited by ladal1

Perhaps a possible culprit could be LogMeIn Hamachi, which might be messing up the internet connections.

That is the only change on both of the computers that I can figure out

GranPaSmurf

Just today version 2.0.12 beta became available. (they're all going to be called 'beta' for a while).

It probably would be best to install the current version on each machine before we move forward. Since you are having issues, I would go through this proceedure:

UN-RE-INSTALL

GranPaSmurf
3 minutes ago, ladal1 said:

Perhaps a possible culprit could be LogMeIn Hamachi, which might be messing up the internet connections.

That is the only change on both of the computers that I can figure out

I don't know what that is.

I think LMI -- remote VPN software -- does insert a proxy of sorts. You might want to disable it and see if the problem goes away. Might be that Synergy can't connect to the internet servers once that comes up.

Alright it seems that on my newer computer the newer version worked - Found out I havent fully uninstalled on my laptop before, so currently working on that

Just on the side - isn't having 47GB folder of dumps in AppData sort of extreme for otherwise quite lightweight app?

50 minutes ago, GranPaSmurf said:

The uninstall and reinstall by this guide hasn't worked for me before (although it was nice to get rid of about a GB of data - and 47GB on my laptop), but it seems that the 2.0.12 helped

• 5 months later...