Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Connected, but not working

Recently, client and server show they are connected but the mouse won't move over to the client. Restarted the client, nothing. Restarted the server, it worked. Something appears to be happening on the server computer. I think it is happening after the server has been locked for an extended period of time.

Both PCs are running Windows 10.

Any ideas?

Davewill

This may or may not be your problem, but the scrollock will lock the input focus to a single machine. Press it again to return to normal.

Edited by Davewill
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 6/4/2018 at 4:48 PM, revvr said:

Thanks. I have tried that. No luck. 

Welcome to the forums! Quick reminder, you can contact the Synergy Team for direct support:

https://symless.com/contact/customer-support

Or, if you'd rather get help here on the forums, that's fine too. When posting, please make sure you share your log links for all of your computers:

https://symless.com/forums/topic/5765-synergy-1-how-to-upload-your-logs/

Often people can only help you troubleshoot if you share your log links. Please make sure you share only the actual log links (not the log file contents).

On 04/06/2018 at 4:27 PM, Davewill said:

This may or may not be your problem, but the scrollock will lock the input focus to a single machine. Press it again to return to normal.

Thanks, I had this same issue and it turned out to be this, using a keyboard without a scroll lock key or indicator, I plugged in another keyboard to get it working again! xD

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the tip!

I have Windows Server and uBuntu client.
Even though they are connected sharing was not working actually.
So, as @ShannonG suggested, I clicked on Server Settings in Windows and checked all Fixes.

Then surprisingly it showed that scroll lock is issue in log and after changing the scroll lock its sharing inputs.

Thanks and Amazing.

• 2 weeks later...