Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Add corner dead zones

CarbonCopy

Add the ability to configure the specific corners and sizes to prevent switching between monitors. I found the options in the .conf, but I could not find this suggestion for when manual config is available.

Kelvin Tran

13 hours ago, CarbonCopy said:

Add the ability to configure the specific corners and sizes to prevent switching between monitors. I found the options in the .conf, but I could not find this suggestion for when manual config is available.

Are you running Synergy 1 or Synergy 2?

In Synergy 1, this is an option under Advanced Configuration, or whatever the section for advanced settings is called.

Kelvin Tran
3 hours ago, CarbonCopy said:

Ah, I should have specified, this is a suggestion for version 2. Currently testing that out.

Ah. Well, one of the reasons that Synergy 2 was put back into beta was because of various user concerns and complaints that S2 didn't come with all the features that S1 did. They didn't have the time to implement them because, according to the development team, they said a while back that the features interfered with the new codebase of Synergy 2 and as such, didn't work correctly. However, they are on their way now in implementing those missing features, so you'll be getting those back very soon!

Davewill
On 6/8/2018 at 7:42 AM, CarbonCopy said:

What is this feature for? I've never been able to figure out why I would want it.

• 3 years later...
ayalaresearch

Thanks for suggesting the advanced settings. I didn't realize what some of the features provided. I've wanted screen hysteresis, so that I don't keep accidentally popping of to the other screen inadvertently. I didn't realize what "double tap" meant in the various options. I just played with it, apparently one has to "bang" against the shared edge of the screen twice before one pops over. I think that will help and I can get used to that. I think optionally a dead zone that extends along the entire edge of the screen would be a good option too.